Late to the party

What's Hot
I have just discovered David Berman...... today..... Still better late than never I guess and now I have what looks like a pretty great back catalogue to get into -  I've head Purple Mountains and American Water so far.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1885
    Purple mountains is an awesome album. I keep meaning to get some Silver Jews albums. I like pavement too, so they should be good. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Sesh said:
    Purple mountains is an awesome album. I keep meaning to get some Silver Jews albums. I like pavement too, so they should be good. 
    Is there a connection between the two groups?
  • You think YOU’RE late to the party?! I still haven’t discovered him. Never heard of the bloke.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You think YOU’RE late to the party?! I still haven’t discovered him. Never heard of the bloke.
    Ha ha - I think,  in this analogy, that means you're not at the party @RocknRollDave - but thats ok - especially if you're having your own, better and more rocknroll party lol
  • Sesh said:
    Is there a connection between the two groups?
    Berman was in Silver Jews with a couple of members of Pavement according to Wikipedia. 

[thus increasing the list of people mentioned in this Discussion that I don’t know what they sound like] 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I had never heard of Silver Jews until a friend sent me a YouTube link to Random Rules. I really liked it and tried to look up more about the band, and only then discovered that he had died about 2 years previously.

I've only really delved into American Water so this has reminded me to listen to some more.