SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB A Strat probably. Maybe. I got an old Yamaha instead….

What's Hot
punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1079
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
So my brain has decided it’s time to get a Strat again, and after an unsuccessful trip to Coda I guess I’ll try here. Rosewood board very much preferred, like 87.5% sure I want rosewood but I guess not essential. No pau ferro. No roasted maple cos it’s disgusting. 

Doesn’t matter what trem cos it’ll be decked. Hardtail welcome. 

Other guitars welcome as well but a Strat is on my mind. I like SGs, I like JMs/Jags, i like weird things. Just no PRS or fancy quilt or flame topped things cos I’m not quite old enough to appreciate the bling yet. 

Let’s say a grand or so, possibly more, possibly less. 
Would have to be close to Peterborough or posted. 

Cheers. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 643
    edited January 2023
    Esp 800 series £1000 in fantastic condition with hard case 

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    Silver Sky of any interest? This is the cheapest secondhand USA model available in the world I believe right now. 

• carloscarlos Frets: 3590
    Talk to @jaymenon ;

• I have a 2005 American Deluxe strat in 3 tone sunburst that I'm gonna be selling for about a grand, just haven't listed it yet. Excellent condition, never gigged, purely home use only, no previous owners. Pretty much identical to the 50th anniversary strat, but with chrome hardware instead of gold. S1 switching system, noiseless pickups, alder body, abalone inlays. Only thing is its maple fretboard. I'm in Hertfordshire so personal delivery/collection definitely possible so you can test it before buying. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    I’ve got this I would let go but it’s a decent chunk above the 1k @ 1.4ish (need to check online to confirm on the price). Absolutely superb guitars for the money. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/JcyJvlA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    I've got a 2012 Fender USA Olympic White Stratocaster Standard with a rosewood neck
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    Well, based on ‘other guitars welcome’ I am naturally going to tell you that you need the Hamer Eclipse that I have in the classifieds. :)

Failing that, I’d advise trying to narrow your preferred strat specs down a bit further if possible -I went round the houses with strats until I got an AO50s strat and even then it needed a few mods to get it perfect.
  • Curveball perhaps, but 2012 Classic Vibe Strat in Lake Placid Blue with matching headstock. Rosewood board, decent size frets and really good Tonerider pickups as standard.

It's basically new, I bought it to record something ages ago and it went back in the box - I still have the original Squier box!

It'll get you a lot of change from a grand so it might be a good toe-dipper if there's a few things you're unsure of?
  • Thanks for the offers so far guys. 

@hyperben Thats pretty nice tbh but I just can’t get over the PRS headstock or birds. Surprised it’s not sold really. 

@carlos paging @jaymenon

@hassleham Thats nice and all but I’m afraid I’m shallow enough that it’s got the wrong name on the headstock… Plus I’m a bit iffy about gold hardware. 

@johnswiss Any pics? I do like standards. 

@Teyeplayer I have seen and admired that Hamer already. It’s a possibility if the Strat search doesn’t come to fruition. For now though I’m afraid I’m all Strat. 

@Fifty9 Thats alright that, sadly I’m not sure I could deal with not having fender on the headstock, though judging by the quality of the newer Fenders I’ve played recently that may be a mistake. I’ll have an internet read and be in touch if I decide I’m ok with it. It is lovely. 

@simonhpieman Great guitars those! Afraid I’m gonna have to pass though. I’ve had loads of squiers over the years and no matter how good they are I’ve always moved them on. Trying to avoid that this time and just find something I want to stay. Which honestly may be a difficult task… 

As for spec confusion. Im not confused ha. Im not bothered by radius or frets as long as they’re level. pickups can be changed, sss or hss is fine. I just prefer rosewood boards over maple. I find the fancy looking stuff a bit of a turn off, abalone inlays are a no go, gold hardware is a no, fancy tops are a no. Im a simple man and like simple things ha. 

As for everyone else who’s offered stuff, cheers but nothing for me yet. The search continues. 
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    @punchesjudy will try and sort some pics tomorrow
  • Here's a couple @punchesjudy will message you the full set

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 380
    another esp for £1K.
    hardware and specs worth more than twice with other brands like Suhr, Anderson, Tyler etc and the stratiest EMG set ever.

https://imgur.com/a/74kUa20
  • MikeDearingMikeDearing Frets: 33
    edited February 2023
    I have an EOB Stratocaster as new with a maple board and gig bag which is decidedly weird ( I put a vintage tort scratchplate on it to liven it up a bit ( you can have the new original one too - played on 2 tracks and a live outing - that's it ! So new maybe 4 years old will fit your budget nicely ? £950
  • I’m going to be selling my James Trussart Steelcaster, not a Strat but falls into the weird category. Identical to the one shown here:

https://jamestrussart.com/collections/deluxe-steelcaster-1/products/black-on-black-roses-deluxe-steelcaster?variant=37879437820061

• @Catthan Hey cheers, very much not my thing I’m afraid. 

@MikeDearing  unfortunately I just can’t get on with the necks on these. Tried one out in Music Street around launch and the neck was just too big for my dainty hands. 

@Manxmusicman Not sure I could live with the roses tbh. Also I’m sure this is way above my budget ha. 

Here’s once again guys, the search is continuing. Until I give up and buy a bike or something. 

Let’s open up to JMs as well. Since it seems I can’t escape them no matter how hard I try. 
  • I have a Levinson Blade California Classic in black with a rosewood board that doesn't get much playing time if you are interested. It is almost identical in shape to a Strat and the pickup configuration is HSS with a push-push switch on the tone knob to enable single coil or humbucker, all pickups made by Levinson. It also has a tremolo and is in excellent condition with no dings or scratches and no visible fret wear. I don't have a gig bag or case for it so you would have to collect it from West Oxfordshire. £450. PM me with your email address if you want some photo's.
    guitarman66   
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    There’s a superb rosewood board mij 62 RI strat in Sam’s guitars in Chester.