SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson BB King Lucille 1992 cherry red - SOLD

nocasternoproblemnocasternoproblem Frets: 162
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is my Gibson BB King Lucille in cherry red.  Sold 

I bought it in (I think) 1997 from a guitar shop in Bolton, can't remember the shop's name though.   Simply not getting played and since I switched allegiance to Gretsch, unlikey to do so, therefore decided on semi-reluctant sale! 

Serial number lookup says made in Nashville, Tennessee on Tuesday 04 February 1992 - so turns 31 in few days. 

Some light wear, nothing significant though and I hope the photos do it justice.  Gold hardware has tarnished with age.  Plenty of life in the frets.  Ebony fingerboard.  Neck is...generous is the only word I can think of, not difficult to play though. 

The Internet says:

Introduced as BB King's signature model in 1980, the Gibson Lucille B.B King the perfect homage to one of the most influential blues players in music history. The Lucille B.B. King model was the second generation of the Custom version of this guitar, manufactured in Nashville to the highest specifications. The guitar is based on a number of ES-335's used by B.B King throughout his career, and features a sleek cherry red finish, gold hardware and 'Lucille' headstock inlay. The TP-6 bridge allows for precise intonation adjustment of each string, while the lack of open 'F' holes reduces feedback in a live setting. The Lucille also features a vintage style Varitone switch as found on ES-345 and 355 models, giving 6 preset tone positions for a range of sounds, pairing with the 490R & 490T pickups. Other features include an ebony board with pearl block inlay, Grover tuners, and a 5 ply tortoiseshell guard. 

Original Gibson case included of course.

Happy to take/email more photos.  Feel free to DM any questions.   

I'm willing to ship in the UK using buyer's choice of courier and at their cost, or collect from South Lincolnshire, or maybe rendezvous on the A1.  

Price £3000 ovno - not looking for trades 

https://i.imgur.com/YCWys0j.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/hZgaCxV.jpeg
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments