Flakey musicians

What's Hot
Hey all, I've not really posted much since the music radar forum went down.

I've recently relocated and currently I'm trying to start/join a band and one thing I have noticed is how flakey the music community is up here.

I've had a couple of opportunities which I've gone for and for one thing or another hasn't come to fruition due to to people being up for doing something and then go quiet which has made me frustrated as I don't like being messed around or having my time wasted.

If you don't want to do something than say so instead of being quiet and illusive.

I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

All I want to do is to play, write songs and gig again but then again is that too much to ask?

Rant over. :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It isn't region dependent, there are flakes everywhere. You just have to stick with it until you meet the right people. It can take a long time and trust me I know I've had the same experience over the last couple of years. Best of luck dude.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Flakey musicians?  Are you sure?  Maybe you were looking for a professional person to do your books and you meant "flakey accountants?"  No?  Musicians... yep, could be flakes.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    Cheers, it's nice to know its not just me.
  • Nah, the bastards are everywhere. I've come across far too many of them, and it almost put me off playing in bands for good.

Far too many assholes who just like the idea of being in a band, thrashing at a guitar and jumping around. When it comes to actually getting shit right on a regular basis, they don't seem to be particularly concerned that they're ruining everybody else's enjoyment by simply not bothering.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Exactly that digitalscream, it is off putting and like many others I spent the time to practice and learn the craft. Sure I like playing punk type music but by no means does that mean I can't play my instrument. I like to be tight and polished to the point where I know the material inside and out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8864
    Auditioning for a band is simple. You turn up and play. Most candidates fail at step one.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree. Most of the candidates that do turn up are either shite, mentally deranged, or simply at a loose end. The list of those that don't is long and distinguished. As is their list of excuses, the best of which, as I've mentioned before, was the potential singer who sent a text to say he couldn't come to the audition because he'd ridden his motorbike into his swimming pool, and broken some ribs.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I don't understand why some people go to such extremes when it's much easier to be honest?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited September 2014
    Dunno.

Oh, I nearly forgot: the bloke told me he was leaving his band because the bassist had 'found God', and the drummer was ''mentally ill'.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom