Drive music

stufisherstufisher Frets: 886
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of a long drive through rural Scotland and North East England.

I decided to listen to stuff I hadn't heard in ages and what a reward ... CD1 of this is superb ... no bad tracks, fantastic tones, amazing control and fluidity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_the_Blues_(Gary_Moore_album)

What have you re-listened to recently that you hadn't heard in ages and how did it sound?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1107
    tFB Trader
    I've just re-listened to the best of Whitesnake, I was surprised how much better the pre-perm stuff sounded than the 1987 swamped in big production onwards.

I'd take Bernie any day over Vai (in Whitesnake).

I'd also forgotten how cringy some of the lyrics are, "Would I lie to you" is particularly bad and best left in the past
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2437
    I found my double CD of 20 Years in Showbusiness by I, Ludicrous. Even though it misses off some of their best tracks it's bloody great. 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12601
    Mrs munckee just picked up a “new” car (9 year old Volvo) with a cd player. I listened to achtung baby the other night and then greatest hits of Pink Floyd today. 
  • stufisher said:
    Yesterday, I had the pleasure of a long drive through rural Scotland and North East England.

I decided to listen to stuff I hadn't heard in ages and what a reward ... CD1 of this is superb ... no bad tracks, fantastic tones, amazing control and fluidity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_the_Blues_(Gary_Moore_album)

What have you re-listened to recently that you hadn't heard in ages and how did it sound?
    If you’re in the mood for more Gary, erm, Moore, the Montreux live box set will keep you going for a bit. 

Edit: seems to be out of print on CD - some rather steep second-hand listings - but it’s on Spotify.

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7808
    I haven't been on a good long drive like you did for ages.  The longest one I did in the last year was through to the East Neuk of Fife and I was with my old Mum, so I couldn't play anything loud.  The only chance I get these days to listen to music in the car is to and from work, and that's only 25 minutes each way, so I usually end up switching the CD for another every 2nd night.  On my way to work last night I put on Rod Stewart - Vagabond Heart.  It's ages since I last played it or heard any of the songs.  I love that album because there isn't one bad or poor song on it, and it's pretty varied in styles.  I bought the cassette at a petrol station on my way up through Aviemore en route to Thurso one afternoon, and played it continuously the next night as I made the 6 or 7 hour drive back down the next night.  From the first notes of the first track Rhythm of My Heart I knew I was going to enjoy it.

I love the guitar solos in Rebel Heart and the way the sax and guitar play off against each other in It Takes Two and Moment of Glory.  The track Go Out Dancing is the style of music I like listening to loud on a long drive, and the guitar solo is superb.  I've never liked Van Morrison singing his own song Have I Told You Lately, but Rod Stewart's version is beautifully smooth and is something I used to play and sing to my ex during a period when things were good between us.  Unfortunately a few years later I ended up singing the lyrics to If Only while I was alone.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12460
    Stuckfast said:
    I found my double CD of 20 Years in Showbusiness by I, Ludicrous. Even though it misses off some of their best tracks it's bloody great. 

Preposterous 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2437
    Ken's drinking heavily again...