Refreshing music made by the younger generation..

What's Hot
I recently produced this EP which was entirely written and recorded by a bunch of lads from my hometown aged 18/19 years old.

I had seen them play this material live quite a few times before but when they came into the studio they really went to town with adding extra layers and things to perfect the tracks, which i think really takes the music up a notch and shows a level of maturity beyond their years..

Anyway I thought I would share as I found it very rewarding to work with them and it is brilliant to see young people so passionate about creating music of this style when 90% of kids their age seem to prefer the stuff pumped out of Radio 1 all the time! The future is bright :)

Check the EP out here if you are interested:
https://open.spotify.com/album/1weZ54DpxBqGd9A3RUMxNd?si=KQ_JxEXwSwa7_gjDADW1Hw
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Nice to see and hear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very cool...kind of reminds me of the Screaming Trees a little bit...
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    I don’t have a Spotify account, so I could only listen to a short section. I really liked what I heard, though. It reminded me of 90s grunge. 
  • Very different, but loving CVC at the moment -they’ve just got it. The kids are alright.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    edited February 2023
    RichAC said:
    I don’t have a Spotify account, so I could only listen to a short section. I really liked what I heard, though. It reminded me of 90s grunge. 
    @RichAC ;;
    Full EP here on youtube  

I was in the studio with these guys again yesterday! More good stuff coming soon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3012
    Music today is ruled by Gangsta Rappers singing about makin their girls cum, and those girls, usually with fat arses, singing about taking revenge on their boys by seeking out a 'real man'. 

The girls voices are usually manufactured to sound like an an upset six-year old puffing on a helium balloon.

Good music, like the above, hardly gets a hearing. Fair play to the lads for giving it a go and hopefully they'll start to get a following.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Most of the modern music I here is on TV (Netflix shows mainly) I think some of it really excellent. Will give this a listen shortly. 
  • allenallen Frets: 710
    RichAC said:
    reminded me of the 90s too
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    That's very good. I also got the 90's aspect loud and clear. I hope they do well.
    edited March 2023
    Furthermore, I'm giving all of it a decent listen now. I think the band members would be gutted if nobody mentioned Pearl Jam.

I know they're different and there's lot's of PJ fans on here. Someone above mentioned Screaming Trees, I can see that too apart from a deep gravelly voice. I can also hear elements of Crashing Dream era Rain Parade.

Whatever, it sounds ace.
    edited March 2023
    Imagine my surprise, you might want to tell them about this. Don't tell Portishead though...

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    Very different, but loving CVC at the moment -they’ve just got it. The kids are alright.
    What's CVC?
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    @hassleham which town are these guys from? I like it a lot - Screaming Trees vibe for sure.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Forgot about this.

That's really good! My kind of thing. I'd like to see them live. 

They sound very mature for that age. Personally I'd like it a tiny bit dirtier, just everything pushed a little harder, if you get me.
    They're only going to get better though. Keep us informed of how they're doing in the future too please. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    hassleham said:
    Put them onto me...I can share their material ...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Next EP in the pipeline with these guys.. it's a good one!! Just needs mixing..
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    edited September 2023
    Here's one from my daughter's band last week live at Yellow Arch Studios in Sheffield, they are called Flatstanley and perform all their own stuff. Playing the White Hotel in Salford soon!
    for reasons unknown to me, my phone is rubbish filming red light