One of the Most Sampled Tracks...........Ever!

What's Hot
Title is true, but it's a great excuse to share this beauty. A real gem for Fusion Lovers. Even if you're not, you will be after.

What a musician this guy is. He wrote "Angela", the Theme tune to Taxi as well. That alone makes him a Hero  :)

Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Yes, it's ONE, but nowhere near THE one. The first five of his albums are the ones to listen to, though you could fault him for being a bit 'elevator music'. He's up there with Deodato. They both took pop or classical pieces and put them through the funk/soul/jazz workout, which I love. They had incredible session musicians with them too. Bob James is particularly interesting for the recorded sound of the Rhodes. Through those five albums, you can hear all the tonalities of the instrument itself before Dyno-ed pianos took over in the 80s. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Title is true, but it's a great excuse to share this beauty. A real gem for Fusion Lovers. Even if you're not, you will be after.

What a musician this guy is. He wrote "Angela", the Theme tune to Taxi as well. That alone makes him a Hero  :)

Love Bob James playing yes I’d heard he was one of the most popular to sample , taxi theme is pure genius
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlb said:
    Yes, it's ONE, but nowhere near THE one. The first five of his albums are the ones to listen to, though you could fault him for being a bit 'elevator music'. He's up there with Deodato. They both took pop or classical pieces and put them through the funk/soul/jazz workout, which I love. They had incredible session musicians with them too. Bob James is particularly interesting for the recorded sound of the Rhodes. Through those five albums, you can hear all the tonalities of the instrument itself before Dyno-ed pianos took over in the 80s. 
    I've got quite a bit to get through with Bob James' stuff. I'll check out Eumir Deodato as well as I'd not heard of him before. Any recommendations of tracks of his to start with? Thanks.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom