SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded 1 1983 Gibson Challenger I £760

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7453
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
Lightweight great playing guitar that doesn’t look anywhere near 40 years old - there are a few surface dings and a scratch on one side but it’s in remarkable shape overall.

Based on the LPJ bit with an 80s makeover including a hot and honky Bill Lawrence pickup at the bridge.

Ive bought a few of these 70s and 80s Gibson oddities recently but find myself playing the marauder and s-1 more as they feel and sound  a bit gnarlier.  

This one stays in tune , plays better but has quite a modern sounding pickup - almost PRS ish and that’s not really my thing and I don’t like the thought of swapping pickups out and destroying something unchanged in 40 years ….

Just £760 for this lovely little vintage-y thing , I have a box so postage won’t be a problem 

Here’s a nice demo of a hairy young dude playing the Challenger II which is the 2 pickup version

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=mffmYsdcQpY&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F&source_ve_path=MTM5MTE3&feature=emb_logo
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8947
    That looks sick!  The scratch plate suggests a route for a neck p/u as well...  Ever been brave enough gently to tease it aside and see?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    That looks sick!  The scratch plate suggests a route for a neck p/u as well...  Ever been brave enough gently to tease it aside and see?
    The Challenger II is exactly the same guitar with the second pickup installed - the version I is already routed for both Sir

• Sorry to the millions of people messaging me about this (that’s a joke btw). I’ve just been messing round with the pickup height and it’s sounding less PRS ish and more vintage-y so withdrawing it for now 
  • It’s not quite there unfortunately- it still has that  modern humbuckery sound which isn’t my thing .

Come and get a bargain , great playing 40 year old Gibson for comparatively silly money !
  • On hold as I may have an amp trade lined up with a chap on here.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15013
    I am shocked that HarrySeven has not swooped down upon that guitar from a great height and flown away with it to Shropshire. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I am shocked that HarrySeven has not swooped down upon that guitar from a great height and flown away with it to Shropshire. 
    He probably bought about 5 when they were going for £300 20 years ago 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7453
    edited February 2023
    Sorry for the flip flopping -  logistics have scuppered the amp trade 
    edited February 2023
    Bump , could trade for a small valve head with some cash my way 
    edited February 2023
    Any unwanted small amp heads out there ? Maybe an orange 15w jobbie ?

EDIT - traded !