finally agreed daughters publishing deal

What's Hot
Been negotiating co publishing deal since February, and on 17th version. Mainly us keep pressing for variations. We agreed the money in the first one!
With the time difference with LA have just instructed het lawyer to accept the latest offer. So she has a nice advance in the way . We should kick in fairly quickly as the deal requires 10 x33% owned songs, we have already delivered 12 x 35% ,which have been accepted as final mixed and mastered. We have already turned down one record deal from one of the big three , and have strong people behind her to get the best label . We are not going to jump unless it suits us... This has been a long journey but we are on the threshold. The sad thing for the family is she will have to move to the States
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not surprised you've had to cross the pond, the MI over here is finished - great news and all the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, problem is it seems the uk is pop and non entity celeb obsessed. To make a living in music the US overs more chance for her style
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17946
    tFB Trader
    Congrats. 

Hope it all works out for you both.
  • Nice one, and well done for being absolutely anal over the contract. It's rare that a new artist has that.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats to her, and best of luck.  It sounds like an incredible opportunity.
  • Well done dude to you for helping her and making sure the deal was right, links to material when you can show them off.

Bittersweet moment though and no mistake, but sadly as had been said better chances and opportunity over there.

Best of luck to your lass and you all.
  • Many thks the nice comments. It has been fairly hard , been 11 years actually since her "talent" was spotted. I remortgaged the house to pay for her education at full time stage school and will be paying it off forever ! We were lucky in the last three years when I was running out of cash that she was given one of only two scholarships awarded that year.

Her album is complete , and this was part of the agreed business plan with her producer who has funded the whole project. What happens now is that he with the Publisher are trying to start a bidding war. She will perform a showcase in about 3 weeks time in LA. and get the labels bidding on the completed package.
    Then the one that let her go and nearly got her exclusively will have to bid with the others.
    When I am allowed I will add link when she is launched.
    I will be very sad when she goes. She is not only my daughter , she is my musical soul mate. She posts Pics on things like facebook of the guitars she likes.  In the studio she gets to play a '63 strat which her producer bought just to get her "sound" right.

Thanks again all will keep posted of our musical journey :-)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    wow, seriously large congrats.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Well hopefully you'll be able to retire comfortable courtesy of her.
    My V key is broken
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Congratulations, and you're only a plane ride away. 

Anywhere but LA would be a great place to live in the US ! ;)

SF and bay suburbs are really cool.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28097
    Wow!!

Congratulations - and really pleased for you (all) that the hard work is about to pay off.

Hope she continues to enjoy music.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12462
    Congratulations, wow! Do you have a link to her stuff?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17008
    yeah, make sure you post a link as soon as you can so we can all post her stuff on our collective social media sites and claim to all our friends that we discovered her before anyone else 

or will that ruin it for her by making it seem like she only appeals to the middle aged  male guitar crowd ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the usual form these days is to release new albums for free download on every Apple device in the universe?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think you guys will like her music.
    Her no 1 hero is Jimi and she loves Led Zep. I would say her music tends to have roots in 1970's rock.
    For her it is all about the music. She was offered the pop thing in the UK, but turned it down. When I am allowed I will post some links.
    Might be a few months yet. I think I played some of her early demo stuff to a few that I met for a beer in London...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    She sounds like a great daughter to have and you sound like a great dad! Best of luck with whole thing.