SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Collings Julian Lage 470 FOUND ONE

What's Hot
ljsljs Frets: 56
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
Hi friends, 
Looking for a Collings JL 470, preferably in blonde
I’m in Paris and can meet up in London
Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 215
    edited February 2023
    Hi,

Please find one for me too :). Great guitar.
    cheers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 388
    One landing here in Spring apparently. Big dollar. ;-)
    https://www.projectmusic.net/collings-470-jl-antiqued-blonde-32530-p.asp
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 564
    Been looking for ages then gave up.  Best of luck! 
  • joeW said:
    Been looking for ages then gave up.  Best of luck! 
    Same here!
  • I didn’t buy after trying one at Coda and the price was really good, still regretting today.
  • ljsljs Frets: 56
    I’d probably have bought one at previous retail price but the £8,650 is rather … steep 
    ljs said:
    I’d probably have bought one at previous retail price but the £8,650 is rather … steep 
    It is.  I think they may be using a weak GBP price so they don’t have to keep changing it up.  I note they have normal I-35 LC’s priced at 7,999 which is over 1k more than coda have them even after the 2023 increase. Perhaps give them a call and see?  If it’s actual price is 7.5k it might be the best we will see for a while?  Cooling customer service are good for helping you know which dealers are getting stock soon - maybe a US import? 
    joeW said:
    ljs said:
    It is.  I think they may be using a weak GBP price so they don’t have to keep changing it up.  I note they have normal I-35 LC’s priced at 7,999 which is over 1k more than coda have them even after the 2023 increase. Perhaps give them a call and see?  If it’s actual price is 7.5k it might be the best we will see for a while?  Cooling customer service are good for helping you know which dealers are getting stock soon - maybe a US import? 
    Sounds sensible, thanks Joe. I hadn’t noticed the 1k difference on the I-35LC. 
    I’ll check-in with the folks at Collings and see who to call. There are a couple of Italian / NL dealers but nothing in France sadly.

• spir4Lspir4L Frets: 90
    Guild M-75 aristocrat could fit all the boxes at a lot less £££
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 90
    Also one of the Gretsch DuoJet reissues Lage used to play before the endorsing with Collings could fit the bill as well!
    Or this one https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/family/jet/g6128t-players-edition-jet-ds-with-bigsby/2403502806

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks spir4L but not expensive enough 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richierichie Frets: 93
    Good shout on the masterbuilt Jet, i can’t see how the Collings version, which is basically their take on a Jet, could be worth more than twice the price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    richie said:
    Good shout on the masterbuilt Jet, i can’t see how the Collings version, which is basically their take on a Jet, could be worth more than twice the price
    New Masterbuilt Jets costs a similar amount no?  Does make that red Duo look a good deal tho. 
    Found one !
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well done - did you manage to get a blonde one? 
    No, I’ll end up with a black one
    ljs said:
    No, I’ll end up with a black one
    The black ones are beautiful.  Don’t forget a NDG when it arrives … 
  • BoltersBolters Frets: 42
    While they look similar to the Jet, I’m pretty sure Collings came up with some fancy new chambering or semi-arch top construction for the JL470. It seemed pretty unique when I looked into it a while ago. 
    Does it have a laminate top? Or Spruce? I can’t remember. 

I always regret not grabbing a CL Jazz when I had the chance at a good price. Now they are a bit too spendy for me and I’m more comfortable with a few guitars in the 3-4K range than having 10-15k tied up in one instrument. 

Let us know how you find it @ljs ;
    Thanks folks - NGD here https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/244422/ngd-collings-jl-470-in-black?new=1
    Tried to post two pictures, hopefully you can see them?

@Bolters I’m in the same boat actually. I let go of a I35LC which i probably should never have done. I also feel like you that I should have got a CL Jazz when it was still possible. I’ll have to make do with a JL470 - poor me