AI Funk

What's Hot
carloscarlos Frets: 3534
edited February 2023 in Music
This is a neural network freely improvising 100% synthesized funk. It dreams basslines, choirs, changes, buildups, glitches, and surprises. At each moment, imagining the next, and so on. But it doesn't stay anywhere for long. Look around. The world is here to be played with. Pick a dream and go. ✨ We don't know where it's going next and it never loops the same riff twice. It's evolving, unpredictable, yet I'm constantly headbanging and at times full on stankfacing. With soft gentle parts between. Sometimes it decays into noise and has to reset -- an effect of going further out-of-distribution (pushed by higher temperatures). If you listen long enough you'll hear a rare ambiguous tempo shift.

Here's the music from which it learns, btw - https://images.nvidia.com/deep-learning-ai/ai-art-gallery/dadabots/dadadome_webapp/dome.html
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1597
    That's amazing.

At first I thought it must be AI combining (or blending / recreating parts of) existing samples creatively, but reading the main AI Jukebox webpage it says "Provided with genre, artist, and lyrics as input, Jukebox outputs a new music sample produced from scratch"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    horse said:
    That's amazing.

At first I thought it must be AI combining (or blending / recreating parts of) existing samples creatively, but reading the main AI Jukebox webpage it says "Provided with genre, artist, and lyrics as input, Jukebox outputs a new music sample produced from scratch"
    Yes, it's creating from scratch, not sampling. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom