SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Fender Masterbuilt Paul Waller HSS Hardtail 50's Strat (WITHDRAWN FOR NOW, REASON IN COMMENT)

What's Hot
JamesOnGuitarYTJamesOnGuitarYT Frets: 154
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
I bought this Strat last year and had a great time with it. Over time I have realised it is a great guitar that doesn't quite suit what I am doing/playing so I'd like to move it on. I would prefer to sell - £6500 (I bought for £8k in May 2022) but am also open to reasonable trades... probably along the Les Paul or Strat lines. But also a Collings Julian Lage would be interesting - certainly would be a left field swap for both parties!

I have the traveller pictured here but the quick details:

Hardtail HSS 50's Strat
Handwired Fat 50's neck and mid and handwired by Paul Waller humbucker
9.5" radius
57 Soft Style V neck
1st fret 0.9" and 12th 0.98"
Narrow Tall 6105 Fretwire

Neck is AAA birdseye maple and body is Ash

Incredibly light guitar as hardtail. I can get an exact weight up here later but I imagine 6lbs.

There was a great demo by Jack at Peach here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFB65_Rw1Rg

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I wasn't trying to be a tease, I promise! But I am withdrawing for now as after doing a bit of setup work - neck relief, increase action - the guitar works better for I want and sounds incredible I think!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • qawsedqawsed Frets: 75
    If you’re listing it then pre-empting sellers remorse within 90 mins I’d say it’s a keeper!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • qawsed said:
    If you’re listing it then pre-empting sellers remorse within 90 mins I’d say it’s a keeper!
    Yup, you're right! The list it>pre-regret-it cycle was quick on this one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did this with my AV54 strat. Listed, down tuned it and withdrew. Listed and sold a few months later.

Good luck either way, I’m sure when you know you’ll know
  • I made a youtube video on this today - feels like it decided me! https://youtu.be/EsnSNxQFfEU
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    Both you and Jack play it with a lot of hair/dirt all the time and it does sound really good like that.  What's it like clean?  That's the beauty of Strats for me.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5265
    I wasn't trying to be a tease, I promise! But I am withdrawing for now as after doing a bit of setup work - neck relief, increase action - the guitar works better for I want and sounds incredible I think!
    You’re worse than me….I’m always undecided then I’m not so sure…..but it was worth it for the pics alone… =)
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1469
    edited February 2023
    Cool guitar, James, but seems like an expensive one to be using as the "raised action guitar for slide"? To be frank, if I was having buzzing issues with an £8k Masterbuilt that I'd only bought last May, I'd be asking Peach guitars to sort it.
  • Cool guitar, James, but seems like an expensive one to be using as the "raised action guitar for slide"? To be frank, if I was having buzzing issues with an £8k Masterbuilt that I'd only bought last May, I'd be asking Peach guitars to sort it.
    Tbh I’d say that is my limitation,  not the guitar’s - i’m currently likely to play most of my guitars that way and to me the sound and feel is priceless :)

luckily it was just a truss rod issue which is an uncontrollable variable I guess. As instruments go, it is quite unique in style and for that reason I’m really glad to have it. I’m sure peach would have helped me out if necessary but I don’t live that close to be popping in and am glad to learn how to sort small guitar issues
  • Fair enough, I'm all in favour of doing user-serviceable things (like truss rod adjustments) myself without recourse to paying a tech but it would probably annoy me if I thought my £8k guitar wasn't quite so great in standard tuning with a low action, etc, even if I was going to be using it strung for slide. You seem to have good taste in stuff so I'm sure you know what you are doing.
  • qawsedqawsed Frets: 75
    I made a youtube video on this today - feels like it decided me! https://youtu.be/EsnSNxQFfEU
    Nice, enjoyed this. Will keep an eye out for that baritone comparison you mentioned as that’s right up my street.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3590
    I made a youtube video on this today - feels like it decided me! https://youtu.be/EsnSNxQFfEU
    Was this whole FS thread just a way to get YT views? If so, kudos to you as it's an unexplored promotional angle I hadn't seen before. Also a waste of time.
  • carlos said:
    Was this whole FS thread just a way to get YT views? If so, kudos to you as it's an unexplored promotional angle I hadn't seen before. Also a waste of time.
    No, it wasn't at all. If I wanted to do that I would be commenting left, right and centre with subtle hints as to my youtube channel. The video is an honest tale of me thinking I wanted to sell the guitar and then having last minute doubts and working on making the guitar more what I wanted. There seems to be a very cynical view of people who make youtube videos - I'm not in it for money or to promote myself - it is a fun hobby that is becoming more and more of what I do day to day. This thread played out as it did... no hidden motivations
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    carlos said:
    I think James has about 8,000 subscribers so I doubt he needs a FS post on here to boost his numbers