B & Qusic

What's Hot
As we are swapping bedrooms with our two boys and in the midst of decoration I seem to have spent an unhealthy amount of the past two weeks in B&Q.  I would just like to say that if anyone around these parts is responsible for any of those most horrendous cover versions that they very unhelpfully pump out whilst you are trying to calculate hardboard coverage, then you are an evil arse.  That is all.
My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    Have you noticed lots of these muzak versions are missing the groove of the original, so they become regimented marches.  Like a Radio 3 orchestra attempting modern pop songs.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do find it strange, once licencing etc is paid can it be that much cheaper than PRS?
  • I do find it strange, once licencing etc is paid can it be that much cheaper than PRS?
    This is a real puzzle to me, unless I suppose if they are supplied premade by a company and feature in shops around the world.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Have you noticed lots of these muzak versions are missing the groove of the original, so they become regimented marches.  Like a Radio 3 orchestra attempting modern pop songs.
    They also sound like shortly before hitting record the 'producer' hired a big guy to punch the singer repeatedly in the kidneys and ribs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    edited September 2014
    I believe it is similar to the music they play in abattoirs to keep the soon to be carcasses calm and subdued.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• That's probably a very constructive use of it as there are plenty of times I stand vacantly in an aisle thinking that a bolt to the head would be sweet relief.
    and the captive bolt guns can be found in aisle 3.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12461
    Wilkinsons play it too, Musak Biffy Clyro the other day
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I have a colleague who most lunchtimes goes to either B&Q or Wickes.

He is old though, so probably deaf........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

I used to work on a small industrial estate on the outskirts of St Albans which was miles from anywhere and the only nearby shops were a Wickes, a Homebase and a B&Q. Many a lunchtime was spent wandering around aimlessly with the other lost souls who worked there.

Scanning for victims Vim?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    I helped out on some muzak recording sessions many moons ago. The rules were 'no distortion' and 'no string bending'!
    It was as much fun as it sounds 
    :-S
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • I worked at B&Q for 2 years and they didn't play muzak/cover versions but they did play the same 8 or 9 songs over and over again on a loop. I must have heard Keane 'Everybody's Changing', Take That 'Rule the World' and PJ & Duncan 'Let's get Ready to Rumble' more times than I've heard any other songs ever.
    I worked at B&Q for 2 years and they didn't play muzak/cover versions but they did play the same 8 or 9 songs over and over again on a loop. I must have heard Keane 'Everybody's Changing', Take That 'Rule the World' and PJ & Duncan 'Let's get Ready to Rumble' more times than I've heard any other songs ever.

You poor, poor man. I take it you've had counselling?

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014

I worked at B&Q for 2 years and they didn't play muzak/cover versions but they did play the same 8 or 9 songs over and over again on a loop. I must have heard Keane 'Everybody's Changing', Take That 'Rule the World' and PJ & Duncan 'Let's get Ready to Rumble' more times than I've heard any other songs ever.

Company behaviour like that could easily explain some of these figures in the 5th and 7th column -

http://fogbeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Work-related-stress-graph.png

• That's it, then. I'm giving up work if it's that bad for my health.

• Kwik Save was the same. I had a mate who said he couldn't tell the difference between the musac and the real versions. Having said all that I'm in a cover band - isn't that nearly the same thing?

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Kwik Save was the same. I had a mate who said he couldn't tell the difference between the musac and the real versions. Having said all that I'm in a cover band - isn't that nearly the same thing?
    It depends ... do you ever use distortion, or bend strings?
  • I worked in a factory once where they had a seven song loop, the seventh song was Cher's 'Do you believe in life after love'.  You know the one with the synthesized wobbly voice tremolo.

After a few months I almost put my head in the vacuum packing press.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530
    edited September 2014
    I was in B&Q today. They were playing a rubbish cover version of Can't get enough of your Love. The good thing about it was it made me feel like a decent guitarist. :)
  • vizviz Frets: 10780
    Emp_Fab said:

or the rpo doing classical music to a rock beat :)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.