SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1964 Gibson SG Standard

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2074
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
This is a fantastic opportunity to grab a player grade 1964 SG Standard for a fraction of the cost of a clean one but without too many changes/issues to stomach. 

These are:

Neck/body refin
Very Common stress crack on the heel (solid repair)
later 66 Kluson tuners
It has been suggested by another forum member the pups are more likely to be be later 60s T-tops based on the rounded corners of the feet. From researching I think the only way to be sure is to take the covers off but I am not prepared to do this so for sale purposes we will assume later T-Tops. 

Thats it, everything else is original including the Pat No sticker pups worth around  £2500/3000 alone.

Later 70s hard case.

Will consider trades/px which include Gibson/Fender USA guitars (or Martin acoustics) provided the deal equates comfortably to the asking price. 

£6500 plus postage 

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2074
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have zero knowledge but this looks very cool

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 732
    Looks great that Colin, GLWTS.
    edited February 2023
    Thanks guys it really is a great guitar but I hadn't picked up on the fact the pups are actually T-tops and likely later 60s. I still think it is well worth the asking price (ATB has a 64 SG Standard neck/body refin with Seymour Duncan Pups & Vibrola removed for £7500) but given the circumstances I am going to withdraw. Apologies and thanks to @jumping@shadows for spotting.
    Bump

Opening this back out to the forum for sale with an updated description.