Guitar Interactive - George Lynch

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
edited September 2014 in Music
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?eid=b9caf160-9ec7-4d23-af3c-c5202267cdc5

George Lynch is one of a kind in my opinion. His style is immediately recognisable, his technique is mad and he plays things that my ear just can't decipher. I love that.

No-one has ever really done an analysis of his style, so I'm really glad that GI Magazine has done this. I could eat up much more.

However, I just can't get on with Stuart Bull's interview technique. It makes me cringe in this. Lynch has a keen sense of humour that's not reciprocated, Bull talks about stuff that Lynch can't really respond to, and he doesn't really leave space for Lynch to just talk. Shame.

Maybe its just me, but this isn't the first interview I've seen him do leaving me feel this way. Anyway, if you've not seen this and the lesson, check it out for some good stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• His interview technique begins with commenting on how good looking Lynch is while holding a leopard print cushion over his crotch for the duration.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for posting. I've always been a fan of Lynch's lead work and have all the Dokken albums. While they do sound dated as productions Lynch's lead playing and tone was amazing and has influenced my own lead playing. I do need to catch up on his more recent stuff.
  • Back for the Attack is still one of those albums where I think the playing and guitar tone are verging on perfection.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited September 2014
    The solo section from Mr Scary is one of my favourite solos ever.  I did a cover of it a couple of years ago, I learned it by ear and my playing has improved since then.  Sadly I couldn't figure a way to nail his tone with whatever amp sim I was using at the time, likely Pod Farm.  IIRC I also got over excited with setting the BPM and made things more difficult than they needed to be.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom