SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Patrick James Eggle Macon Carved Top

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
Having sold a few bits I now have a sensible but not limitless budget available to buy a PJE Macon CT.

I know of a couple that could fit the bill but before I start making phone calls to negotiate wanted to see if anyone here was thinking of selling?

I have a few strict criteria, so it must be:
- a Macon singlecut carved top 
- twin humbucker
- good condition (although they all seem to be well cared for)

I'm flexible about most other features, but as mentioned my budget does have a cap and so I will need to be strict about what I can consider...

Bring it on  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    I have made a phone call today, had a helpful conversation and found something at the right price that is 90% right for me. Given the price I may struggle to get better than 90% so I'm weighing that one up.

In the meantime, anything else out there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 476
    Let me guess, the Sound Affects one with dots not trapezoid inlays? :)
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321
    wizbit81 said:
    That one does look very nice.

I assume you've seen the one on ebay also?
    wizbit81 said:
    Yes...

Fishboy7 said:

I assume you've seen the one on ebay also?
    And yes...

The SA one is almost perfect - great colour and ebony board, if money and choice were abounding, I would have chosen the frame inlays and a maple neck, but very limited choice in this price range, so the deal is done :-) 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321
    , ..... and no doubt the 100% perfect example will pop up on ebay next week :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 476
    That one belonged to @ThorpyFX of this very shire and he rated it, so I think it should be a good one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6249
    tFB Trader
    wizbit81 said:
    That one belonged to @ThorpyFX of this very shire and he rated it, so I think it should be a good one. 
    Indeed an absolute beast of a guitar. Love Patrick's work.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 244
    Congrats Matt. Does this complete your Eggle collection?
    ThorpyFX said:
    wizbit81 said:
    Indeed an absolute beast of a guitar. Love Patrick's work.
    Excellent, nice to have a bit of history. @ThorpyFX - did you have it from new, do you have any background to add to the story?

drpbier said:
    Congrats Matt. Does this complete your Eggle collection?
    Yes, think so... 2 96s and the Macon CT seems to cover all bases 
  • richierichie Frets: 90
    Although similar spec didn’t think that was the Thorpy one? I nearly bought that last year, unless it came back up for sale. You can see it on the six string tales video for thorpyfx on you tube
    edited February 2023
    richie said:
    Although similar spec didn’t think that was the Thorpy one? I nearly bought that last year, unless it came back up for sale. You can see it on the six string tales video for thorpyfx on you tube
    Certainly looks similar although on the vid Thorpy's guitar appears to have:
    - smaller dot inlays
    - more of a tobacco burst finish
    - a paler and more figured ebony 'board

I do believe though that this particular guitar appeared sold and then re-appeared on SA a few months later, so maybe or maybe not the same.

Anyone able to confirm anything about its history:
    https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/macon-singlecut-faded-lemon-burst-pre-owned-p20603
  • Until he releases his master series then the Gas begins again!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6249
    tFB Trader
    RevMatt said:
    richie said:
    Certainly looks similar although on the vid Thorpy's guitar appears to have:
    - smaller dot inlays
    - more of a tobacco burst finish
    - a paler and more figured ebony 'board

I do believe though that this particular guitar appeared sold and then re-appeared on SA a few months later, so maybe or maybe not the same.

Anyone able to confirm anything about its history:
    https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/macon-singlecut-faded-lemon-burst-pre-owned-p20603
    ah gotcha... thats not my old one. apologies

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • richierichie Frets: 90
    I know it was one of three that came in at the same time on commission sale so presumably same owner. The other two were the dirty lemon burst 10/10 guitar reviewed one with mahogany bound neck, and a rather cool lime green one with unbound ebony board and blocks. I spend far too much time looking for value in used guitars!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom