Network IP camera?

TTonyTTony Frets: 28097
Anyone got any experience of these?

We've hit one set up in the kitchen, to watch the dogs when we're not in there, but there are blind spots, and we need another one!

Could either get another one of what's in the atm (Panasonic wireless jobbie) but others seem to have a lot more functionality.  Wireless is necessary.  See in the dark would be handy.  Panning is necessary.  Zoom is a nice-to-have, as is sound (1 or 2 way).

Any experiences?
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17946
    tFB Trader
    Yeah I've got a cheap one which I use as a baby monitor. 

Something like this would probably do you:

I use an Android app called "Tiny Cam Monitor" it's reliable and has lots of useful features.
  • I have one which I use to keep an eye on our poorly chihuahua. It's not wireless - however, I connect it to the network with a Homeplug unit. I find that it's more reliable than wireless.

Mine was an incredibly cheap one - I think it cost me about £25. Edirol, I believe. The colours are very screwed up, but that's not what I'm bothered about.
    <space for hire>
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    How is she BTW ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Ruby? She's having good moments and a few bad ones. I think the antibiotics are knocking her sideways (quite literally) - she's spending a lot of the day in a sort of daze, where she can't walk straight and keeps stumbling around. She's also coughing quite a lot...the symptoms are actually quite worryingly like lungworm, but the vet doesn't think it is.

Then again, when she's having her good moments in the morning (before her medication), she's bouncy and happy and much much better.

It's a confusing time :(
    <space for hire>
  • I've got a Lilin IP camera on my desk at work. Its propped up on cardboard boxes. There's no motors on it to pan. Pic quality is IMO fine. Its the one used for the selfies at work thread.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • When I did this sort of thing professionally (CCTV in pubs, clubs and shops etc) we would fit a ceiling dome camera with IR for night, pan and tilt. 

A wide angle non tilt & pan ceiling dome cam may be god enough to cover all you need. These are favoured for monitoring the tills along a bar and the like. 

Up in a corner would see most

A wireless one is costly but you can use ethernet over power homeplugs.
  • I have a couple of these. Pan, sound, in the dark etc.

Little bit of head scratching getting it set up,  watched a couple of vids on port forwarding etc. Was pretty straight forward after that.
    Can be set for motion and sound if you like then it emails you 6 images if it's set off.

I use an app on my phone and a desktop app on my mac to log into them.

M
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28097
    Thanks @markblack
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.