SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: White Epiphone Japan Junior (offers?) and Hondo/Tokai Japan Fender Lead (SOLD)

simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 693
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
1995-97ish Epiphone Junior made in Japan £175
My main guitar in my teens when my band was nearly signed to EMI. I'm not bitter. It's a shit business anyway...

I've seen plenty of sunburst ones of these but never another white one with the P90 (there are later white Chinese ones with a humbucker but not P90).

The P90 sounds epic. I used to play it straight into a Blues DeVille. No pedals, just volume at 7 for rhythm and up to 10 for lead. The volume and tone controls are remarkably versatile on these. You need a seond pickup far less than you'd think.

There are a few age related marks pictured. It also has some swirling where someone had attached a sticker saying "SCIENTIST" behind the bridge. This has all but faded now, you used to be able to read the letters as it must've been some transparent vinyl thing but I've had trouble even seeing it since taking the photos. Might be my aging eyes but I THINK it's faded away now.

It had a new nut fitted circa 2005. It also had the jack socket changed. I still have the original if you want it but as I recall, it didn't work so...?

If you're considering a Billie Joe Junior save yourself a considerable chunk of change!

1980 Hondo Professional Fender Lead Copy MIJ £150 - SOLD PENDING ETC.
The Professional series was made in Japan by Tokai (Fender-y copies) or Matsumoku (Gibson-y copies). Don't confuse these with the cheapo Korean Hondos you played in the 70s or 80s, this is a really well built Japanese guitar with a BEAUTIFUL neck. There's a thread on here somewhere, I'm sure one of tFB community has a couple of these and quite rightly loves it.

The Hondo model number is either H1051, H1052 or H1050. I forget which is which but they all copy the various iterations of the Fender Lead.

Body has a little overspray on the back but the subtly metallic Candy Apple Red is in otherwise decent shape. Fingerboard has a mark on the front but is very good on the back. Frets are getting towards the low side but still plays great with no chokes or buzzing and intonates nicely up and down. Honestly, the neck is amazing.

One of the two toggles no longer works correctly - this would originally have been a coil split. It now acts as a kill switch. If you're good with a soldering iron (I am VERY much not) I have no doubt it can be wired back in.

The neck pickup doesn't look original to me but sounds REALLY good! Super rich and full and lovely. Lots of guitar for the money.

Pics on next post just coming.

Collection from near Farnham Surrey (Guitar Village and Andertons day out!) ideal but I drive a lot so may be able to come to you...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments