Forgotten Classics

What's Hot
Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
edited February 2023 in Music
The arrangement, instrumentation and production are all good, and the song is not defined by it's era.

What else you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Doesn't do too much for me that one. CCS? Didn't they do that Whole Lotta Love Riff based Song. It was TOTP theme tune in the 70's. To me this song is typical of an era and I'd stick that right at the beginning of the 70's.

If I remember some classics, I'll post, but that will be cheating the title  :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65 said:
    The arrangement, instrumentation and production are all good, and the song is not defined by a specific era.

What else you got?
    I always remember their version of “whole lotta love too “  brilliant 
  • In the spirit of the CCR post  this classic. By Vanilla Fudge , who were a big inspiration to Deep Purple

https://youtu.be/YFabNBveHOk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This although I doubt it’s forgotten by Prog heads but it’s so wonderful for people who do not even possess any Yes Songs . Are there any other Yes Songs like this ? The only two I really know are this & Owner .

https://youtu.be/9-BMlq_zyko
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3204
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    This although I doubt it’s forgotten by Prog heads but it’s so wonderful for people who do not even possess any Yes Songs . Are there any other Yes Songs like this ? The only two I really know are this & Owner .

https://youtu.be/9-BMlq_zyko
    I think that's a beautifully melodic song. It also works really well as solo piano, as recorded by that Ricky Wakeman chap.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
    edited February 2023
    Doesn't do too much for me that one. CCS? Didn't they do that Whole Lotta Love Riff based Song. It was TOTP theme tune in the 70's. To me this song is typical of an era and I'd stick that right at the beginning of the 70's.

If I remember some classics, I'll post, but that will be cheating the title 
    Wasn't the early 70's all about Glam rock? CCS were popular for a few hits before they disappeared from the collective conscience, and I only know of them through my Dad's record collection. From limited research they seem to have been a bunch of session musicians, hence their musical proficiency.

Here's the cover version of Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not my era at all but I've liked this since I heard it on one of those TOTP2 things they used to show. I know it's pretty much "of its time", though I think a cover by one of my favourite bands Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be pretty awesome. Curved Air, Back Street Luv

I also always quite liked this, when it came out I was only about ten but it sounded really cool and different, only later when I got into music tech did I find out if was made using free midi sequencers on an old Atari computer and a tape recorder! White Town - Your Woman

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Litterick said:
    That really takes me back! I was a young teen and loved the top 40, which was a relatively new discovery for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Litterick said:
    That was quite captivating.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65 said:
    The arrangement, instrumentation and production are all good, and the song is not defined by it's era.

What else you got?
    Wasn’t it quite a great lineup of musicians , I was sure Alexis corner was involved
  • This for me was a classic and pretty much-forgotten tune from the early 90s, though only indie fans would have known it at the time. Love the energy, groove, lead guitar melodies and wah solos. 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Great track.

Forgotten? 
  • @Kilgore maybe? I get the feeling the band are? Everytime I hear that song, I think how good it is. A classic.
  • In the spirit of the CCR post  this classic. By Vanilla Fudge , who were a big inspiration to Deep Purple

Amazing
  • This for me was a classic and pretty much-forgotten tune from the early 90s, though only indie fans would have known it at the time. Love the energy, groove, lead guitar melodies and wah solos. 

That was pretty much every band I played in or with at the time  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2437
    In the spirit of the CCR post  this classic. By Vanilla Fudge , who were a big inspiration to Deep Purple

I fookin love Vanilla Fudge. Their last album Rock & Roll is just incredible,