ebay Global Shipping Programme

What's Hot
Has anyone used it?

I got an email explaining that I could use it for selling and decided I'd still prefer to still to uk to make things as hassle free as possible - I figured it was just another irritating new feature...

I just looked at an amp for sale in the US and noticed that the shipping used the global shipping programme and that meant import fees are included.     Perhaps there is an upside to this as I won't have the faffing about with sorting the import fees and I'll get it sooner.

Anyone used it this way or is it too new?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've used it for a couple of things I bought from the US - no problems, and it's nice knowing your item doesn't have the added couple of days being kicked around a warehouse while they wait for you to pay the import taxes.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    It is an interesting feature, but I'm not sure how they work out the fees as some of them look pretty high for what you are getting.
  • I've had the 'pleasure ' a few times.

There is no waiting for clearance but you so still wait for it to be shipped in USA from seller to international centre where they sort the customs and then
    Send to you . The import charges you pay up front are 'estimated and not guaranteed to be the actual costs '

Invariably this means they are more than they would be if they were the actual costs.

And finally- once the guitar arrived in England the local deliver was handled by yodel. Great.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's another means for ebay to make money. I think they make enough already.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom