SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster £1400

chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
One of the lighter Broadcasters Fender only offered in 2020. Not as accurate as the CS Model (which I have and is why I'm selling it), but you get the same neck carve, which is a tapered full neck from 0.89 to 1 inch, the same CS pickups and vintage tall frets (rather than the vintage frets on the CS). Basically its an upgraded American Original with collectors value. 

Standard for me that I need to move this on as I've seen something else - no trade offers please. I will happily post or meet within a reasonable distance of Chatham to make sure the lucky person can get the guitar. On eBay at a higher price as I always like guitars to stay in the community where possible. 

Spec wise:
Ash Body, Nitro Finish
Maple neck
7.25 radius, vintage tall frets.
Limited Broadcaster neck plate
Vintage tuners
Case, candy, wiring circuit for original broadcaster wiring 
50-51 CS Blackguard Pickups.

Great condition with light pick marks to nitro top (that's just me as I use a heavy pick). 
Pick folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/msq96sx6daiw86409zqby/h?dl=0&rlkey=hszmxf630gzj60d7o01eohk9l
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87safue3iciryss/75709D76-DDD5-438C-AD65-5D65C5B21722.jpeg?raw=1
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2497
    That's a great price and if its a light one even better. Had a look at one a while back but it was an 8.5lb beast. I had this crazy idea to strip it out and replace the hardware for Rutters and stick in some Ellis pickups then sense slapped me round the chops! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7356
    that's awesome 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    And sold!
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3496
    edited February 2023
    Glad it's sold, but can I ask why you think it's not as accurate as the CS model? The CS model has a compound radius with medium vintage frets as opposed to the more standard 7.25" consistant radius and vintage tall on this...I'm not sure how that makes the CS "more accurate". I'm assuming that the frets are the only difference between this one and an original, which likely had small frets :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    edited February 2023
    Let me direct you to the blackguard book. Specs were all over the place, but there’s a lot of difference between a broadcaster and nocaster even in terms of some nerdy details. The a broadcaster is more than just a tele with a decal. 
    Even the cs wasn’t spot on- tuners weren’t correct, string ferrules were straight, but I think they got most of the rest of the details right.
    BTW- radius is a misconception on blackguards. 9.5 is at least as common as 7.25