NGD - Faith Neptune Mango Prototype

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    lovely bit of binding/purfling on both 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The binding on mine is maple, don't know what the other one is, tho
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • myrmanmyrman Frets: 72
    maharg101 said:
    That is just stunning, I love the striping, and even the fretboard is getting in on the act. Happy NGD !

Pinged an email to Faith today to check on the fretboard and neck wood and it's a mahogany neck (as expected) with a Macassan Ebony fretboard.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 277
    I was there too. Spent ages trying out the Legacy Neptune prototype, even got Mrs Monkey to agree to let me buy it but only if they'd let me pay hire purchase style. Unfortunately, they said no, and even worse, as I walked away, dejected, someone else snapped it up.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

I was there too. Spent ages trying out the Legacy Neptune prototype, even got Mrs Monkey to agree to let me buy it but only if they'd let me pay hire purchase style. Unfortunately, they said no, and even worse, as I walked away, dejected, someone else snapped it up.
    As a follow up to this, I found the guy that bought it was selling it on ebay, so I do now own it :)

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 250
    @Monkeybone great result! And I suspect a small saving on the original price! Well done you!

Soupman said:
    @Monkeybone great result! And I suspect a small saving on the original price! Well done you!

Ohhh, I wish that were the case...

The price at the show was £856, the guy who bought it at the show originally had it listed on eBay for £1200! Thankfully, I managed to haggle him down to £950...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 267
    I've never tried a guitar with mango top, back and sides before. However, my favourite uke is an all mango Pono baritone. The finish is natural mango with high clear gloss - sort of sick-coloured!