Marty Friedman joining Megadeth on stage live stream

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10915
The whole thing will be streamed tomorrow at 9am. Might be a bit much for me at the time of week

https://dreamstage.live/show/megadeth?lf=46a361b504650e52b26c8633fea1f875

They posted this photo earlier today

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    A lot of hair on that stage

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23674
    Must have a look at this later.  I like James LoMenzo, he's a fellow shortarse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds great even though the camera mic. Pretty epic reunion 
  • The way they gave Marty the stage for the Tornado of Souls solo was lovely. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The way they gave Marty the stage for the Tornado of Souls solo was lovely. 

This pleases me..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1432
    The way they gave Marty the stage for the Tornado of Souls solo was lovely. 

This pleases me..
    I first became aware of the Tornado of Souls solo a few years back via guitar forums - and how people were trying to tackle it.
    I'm a casual thrash fan at best - I know the Megadeth hits - but for some reason wasn't familiar with this song and just thought it was a piece used by guitar nerds for bragging rights.

It's an absolute stunning solo - melodic, high intensity, pieced together like a Swiss watch. Totally serves the song.
    If there's anybody on this board not familiar with it (and I'm guessing there's quite a few of us) - check it out.
    It's blisteringly good.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    CaseOfAce said:
    The way they gave Marty the stage for the Tornado of Souls solo was lovely. 

This pleases me..
    I first became aware of the Tornado of Souls solo a few years back via guitar forums - and how people were trying to tackle it.
    I'm a casual thrash fan at best - I know the Megadeth hits - but for some reason wasn't familiar with this song and just thought it was a piece used by guitar nerds for bragging rights.

It's an absolute stunning solo - melodic, high intensity, pieced together like a Swiss watch. Totally serves the song.
    If there's anybody on this board not familiar with it (and I'm guessing there's quite a few of us) - check it out.
    It's blisteringly good.
    I'm not a thrash or Megadeth fan in particular but I really got into the Rust In Peace album in the last year or two. It's one of those albums that transcends genre for me, it's just glorious on a purely musical level. Marty Friedman's solos are beautiful, never anything forced or flashy about them, even in his super technical moments. So it's really nice to see this reunion

The audiobook about the making of Rust In Peace is worth a listen. Voiced by the actual band members/producers/etc. Frightening how close Mustaine was to being destroyed by heroin, even with support around him. Not everyone is so lucky

There's some more Youtube clips on this writeup: https://guitar.com/news/music-news/marty-friedman-megadeth-reunion-japan/
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    Amazing. 100% goosebumps when he went into that lead break. I like the way he barely looks any different from when he first joined!

@CaseofAce if you like the Tornado of Souls solo, then you’ll love Alex Skolnick’s Return to Serenity solo, if you’ve not already heard it. It is genuinely perfect (solo kicks in around 3:10):

https://youtu.be/bry_6P_1co4
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    Yes that's a banger. It's a great album, I've loved it since release.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    For anyone who wants to skip straight to the solo (and see it in transcribed form to boot):

So hard to tell satire from reality these days ;-)

beed84 said:
    Amazing. 100% goosebumps when he went into that lead break. I like the way he barely looks any different from when he first joined!
    I expect it's largely down to genetics but it does look like he's had a very different life to Mustaine
    DLM said:
    For anyone who wants to skip straight to the solo (and see it in transcribed form to boot):

This guy is so quick/prolific. Quite amazing
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    So glad Marty got to pIay Budokan with megadave, i think it was kind of on his bucket list after dave's drug habbit fucked up those gigs back in the 90's....I do wish he'ed have done Hanger 18 with them instead of countdown,as Marty solos on 18 are so prefect, this guy does a fantastic cover of all the parts of those solo's

Seems from the telling of it Marty was pretty much left to it to do his solo's on R.I.P. without any direction as dave was away in rehab, glad that happen ;) 

R.I.P. is pretty much my fav Metal/Thrash album (followed by Testament's - The New Order)

And yep that clean living in Japan has done Marty the world of good dude looks 20 years younger than his really is!

I'll pick this up on BluRay.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1558
    Mar-ty! Mar-ty! Mar-ty!

Rust in Peace was peak 80s. I agree that it transcended genre - it's one of the few thrash albums I can still listen to. Marty is a big part of that.

No baldies there, what are the odds? They've done better than I have.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23674
    GoFish said:

Well, you have to wonder... I don't think there are any syrups on show, but maybe some of them have had a bit of "help"?

Dave's is still definitely his own, but it's developing that old-man "parched grass" look, like Clint Eastwood in the late '80s (my brothers and I re-christened the last Dirty Harry film, The Dead Pool, as The Dead Hair).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5603
    That Tornado solo is fire.
  • BodBod Frets: 1345
    Philly_Q said:
    GoFish said:

Well, you have to wonder... I don't think there are any syrups on show, but maybe some of them have had a bit of "help"?

Dave's is still definitely his own, but it's developing that old-man "parched grass" look, like Clint Eastwood in the late '80s (my brothers and I re-christened the last Dirty Harry film, The Dead Pool, as The Dead Hair).
    As he left the stage at Download, I noticed there was definitely more than a hint of a bald patch going on.

Rust In Peace is a classic. One of my favourite albums of all time.