SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS/FT Fender 2011 AVRI 72 Telecaster Custom £1350 NOW £1250 ANY TRADES CONSIDERED SOLD

What's Hot
AJSAJS Frets: 44
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
I bought this guitar off this forum about 22 months ago from 'wiggyweston'

72 Tele Custom reissue, AVRI from the first year of production I believe (2011). This has the period-correct ash body, whereas the newer models are made with alder. It has also been modded with a Certano palm bender! This allows for B-bender style effects on the B and G strings. As part of that mod, the bridge was swapped out for an Allparts Bigsby plate (to allow the strings to pass through to the bender) and Gotoh brass saddles were added. The originals will of course be included.

It has a small crack in the scratchplate, by the Wide Range humbucker in the neck. It never bothered me enough to change the scratchplate.  There is also a mark on the back below the neck plate where the nitrocellulose has reacted with the rubber on a guitar stand

This has all its case candy included—the strap, cable, and ashtray have never even been used This is such an excellent guitar, and a really good buy for someone who wants to try the palm bending thing. 

Comes with an immaculate C and G case.  No fret wear to speak of.

I am open to trades for:

Eric johnson stratocaster

Deleuxe reverb 2 or a silverface Deluxe reverb but may consider other amplifiers as long as they are 1 x 12 combos

Nordstrand Acinonyx Bass 30inch

USA straocaster HH or HSH or HSS

Price drop to £1250

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice only one lever on the bender.  I only use the B bender.  Brad Paisley only uses a G bender.
The lever is in the case.
I have had a nightmare trying to photograph it as the only camera we have a is an old 8 meg compact

https://imgur.com/a/Lbs4mas
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AJSAJS Frets: 44
    bump
    bump
    BUMP

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15007
    The '72 Telecaster Custom re-issue model was part of the AV series. These went on sale in 2013. Several times, I almost bought the Natural finish example at my local Fender dealership but always balked at its rosewood fingerboard.

Regrettably, all of my Fender USA Stratocasters have SSS routing and rosewood fingerboards.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    AJS said:

I NEED A BIG APPLE STRAOCASTER WITH A MAPLE NECK
    OR A HH STRATOCASTER WITH MAPLE NECK
    OR HSH STRATOCASTER WITH MAPLE NECK
    Just my two pennies worth: I thought I needed a humbucker in the bridge of a strat, until a fellow member turned me onto the Bare Knuckle Sinner. Admittedly, I have mine paired with the normal strat neck and middle but it gives the output and does that thing without needing to hack up a SSS strat body. 
    I have a strat with a full set of sinners on it.

Like them a lot but I still like a full sized super distoprtion as my bridge PU
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bump
    bump
    bump
    bump