A swing and a miss :(

What's Hot
SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
On a bit of a downer on myself today. Wanted to learn a song and not a single tab online so figured I could see the video and get bits and bobs from that and work out the rest by ear. Not even close. 

It’s not a complex song and even the intro bits that I can sort of see what’s going on I couldn’t get to sound right. I can’t work out if it’s in a strange tuning or if I’m just a tone deaf idiot. (Either is possible to be honest). 

Anyway here it is. If anyone can give me a starter for ten it would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/Maw27rsYc_g
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited March 2023
    Insomnia. Main section built around chords Dm / Cadd9 / G over B

Picking is parallel 10s on the A and B strings, these follow the chords:

Dm = 5th fret A string + 6th fret B string
    C = 3rd fret A string + 5th fret B string
    G = 2nd fret A string + 3rd fret B string

I feel like he's avoiding the low G on the G chord cos he's in drop D. He does hit that note sometimes though, probably on the 5th fret with the E string dropped to D

That's as much as I can do without fetching a guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    The saddest of all keys :'(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Thanks @roberty maybe I was having so much trouble because I was tuned down a half step. A lot of his other acoustic stuff he does that so I assumed he would there. I’ll have another play around today and see if I can get anywhere 
    SteveF said:
    Thanks @roberty maybe I was having so much trouble because I was tuned down a half step. A lot of his other acoustic stuff he does that so I assumed he would there. I’ll have another play around today and see if I can get anywhere 
    Cool okay. I've bookmarked the thread will try to answer any questions if you have them
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    edited March 2023
    Thanks @roberty  So making progress I think Pretty certain it's drop D down half a step (Chords below are for standard Drop D). 

Intro as you said. 

Intro chorus
    Dsus2, Cadd9, G/B,
    Dsus2, Cadd9, G/B,
    Dsus2, Cadd9, G/B, G/Bb, Cadd9
    Dsus2, Cadd9, G/B, G/Bb, Cadd9

Riff
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --3-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --2--2--0-------------------------------------------------5-------------------------
    --0---------3--0------0-----0--3----3/5---5----5/7-------7---5----------------
    --------------------3------3-------------------------------------------8---5--------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verse and pre chorus
    Dsus2, F5*, Cadd9
    Dsus2, F5, Cadd9
    Dsus2, F5, Cadd9
    Dsus2, F5, Cadd9

Chorus as above

Bit stuck on the Bridge though

*Not sue if that should just be 3,3,3,x,x,x or 3,x,0,0,3,0

EDIT: Thinking it might be double drop D down half actually Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Db.  The extra D seems to work.