Doomsday Preppers

Why have I waited so long till now to watch this?!

On the one hand - preparing for the worst makes sense, a variety of preparations in case of "problems" is perfectly sensible. If you have the space and money for some spare water and food... fine. As has been seen a good storm can knock the power out, or flood so you can't get to fresh food or water... even in the UK where population density means shops are closer than in the states. So I have no issue with the principal.

But.

National Geographic have found the scariest bunch of loonies to interview. Making such sweeping assumptions on the type of disaster to the exclusion of the logical... including one poor woman who said she'd lost relationships because she spends so much time preparing for the US to declare martial law in the next two years (which apparently results in no food, and the authorities taking over all homes... surely they wouldn't be authorities any more if they starved their people to death...) and the show is over two years old. OR assuming a pandemic will come, so the woman had tonnes of anti-bacterial hand sanitiser and plastic sheeting... but virtually no reserves of food and water - and point blank refused to have a firearm to protect her home.

What's the point in "surviving" if you spend your whole life prepping, but not living... because you're spending so much time and money on prepping. One guy was a prize winning skier who thinks he wasted his life frivolously by not spending all his life prepping.

Like I say - it's cool to prepare and to plan for the worst... but some of these people seem to be making their life worse in the meantime in the hopes of surviving (and seriously almost none of them have mentioned toilet roll hoarding... why bother surviving with an itchy bum!?) a few months only to come up in hell... 

Also the guys who were collecting seeds to have "radiation free" plants (11,000 species apparently... which all fit into a single freezer) because of Fukoshima, who details some "attack" that happened in the past about someone wanting to steal his seeds - which resulted in an arrest, but no charges. He I think was someone who must have done all of the drugs for years... there's not a whole lot going on inside his mind.

Wow...mad people are mad.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Totally nuts and as well as those series wait until you see the Doomsday castle lot.

They were in an episode of DP then spun off to show what crazy mofos they were, oh also the 2 UK DP shows are a right hoot too.

Did you see the one with the dude who has a recording studio?

I think the show's theme tune is his work.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916

seen the show (or something similar) and most of them are the preppers version of weekend warriors, they're just playing at it. Shit, I know a prepper who's so deep in to it, he's been living a post apocalyptic life for 15 years. He's convinced the world we see around us is an elaborate propaganda campaign to make him come out of hiding.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.