Bugera 1960 INFINIUM anyone here tried these?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    EL34 monsters are the best monsters to play with...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    samzadgan said:
    EL34 monsters are the best monsters to play with…
    KT88 monsters are betterer :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    samzadgan said:
    EL34 monsters are the best monsters to play with…
    KT88 monsters are betterer :).

that is true...whats bigger than KT88???
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh man...a quad 813!!! That would be insane!!!

Assuming i would need a couple 2x18 cabs and a couple 4x12's

(I probably wouldnt...but could you imagine the wall?!?!?)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    ICBM said:
    Sunn 0))) will have eight by the end of the year, presumably.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    I want to know who would commission a piece of art like that??
  • samzadgan;376254" said:
    I want to know who would commission a piece of art like that??
    Pink Floyd have new stuff out... Coincidence?
  • I was busy playing the track-your-new-amp-delivery-from-Thomann game when I suddenly thought...is this 150w monster going to blow up my cab?

I have a Marshall 1936 with V30s...is that 120w? Hmmm...
    Is that a 2x12 or 4x12? If its 4, then you've got 240w, so youre fine...if its a 2x12 then it not ideal, but you should be ok if you dont turn it all the way up.

Again, if its a 2x12 then i would invest in bigger speakers (in watts)...you can get eminence speakers, some of those are 100w...so 2 in your can should be fine.
  • Does it have a power reduction thing? A lot of bugera stuff does iirc.
  • It's sitting in the mail room at work...in a huge box. Mostly packaging, I hope!

But I didn't bring my car today as the tracking info didn't show it out for delivery. Damn.

Oh well, I'll take it home tomorrow...
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Just don't turn it full up. Celestions are pretty conservatively-rated so I'm guessing it should be ok as long as you're not cranking the crap out of the thing. Also Eminence are much less conservatively-rated, so buying a higher-rated Eminence might not make any difference to the safety...

Wait till ICBM or someone like that confirms.
  • Ah.

So it would appear the "master volume" control on the back is more of a "barely perceptible volume reduction" control. The thing is completely deafening even with the volume(s) on 0.0001. Completely unusable in the house and to be honest I can't image what kind of gig you could use it at either.

Maybe it's broken.

Hmmm.

That experiment failed then.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    Ah.

So it would appear the "master volume" control on the back is more of a "barely perceptible volume reduction" control. The thing is completely deafening even with the volume(s) on 0.0001. Completely unusable in the house and to be honest I can't image what kind of gig you could use it at either.

Maybe it's broken.

Hmmm.

That experiment failed then.
    Sounds like the PPMV is knackered then.
  • Yeah, I think it must be. Going to be fun returning it...it weighs about 3 tonnes.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    edited October 2014
    Dang, that sucks, sorry to hear that.. :( I had a bad run a year or two back where I had several amps in a row which had to be returned and it was a total PIA.

Let us know what happens, whether you get a replacement which works, or if they're all like that etc.
  • Yeah, it's disappointing. I was looking forward to this! Looking at the below video I think the master volume on my one must be broken.

There's no way I could get the volumes up where he has them without breaking windows. I'll see what Thomann say...they don't have any more in stock and I'm not so keen on this one being repaired since it was already B-stock, I think it might just be a duffer.
    would they not pay for a tech to fix it here rather than sending it back? that could be easier and less hassle...