SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[HUNTED] Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul White Over Sunburst

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 315
    I think I commissioned the first ever CS Les Paul ‘colour over colour’ when I was buyer for one of the big UK Gibson dealers. Forget exactly but think it was Pelham Blue over sunburst, wasn’t a hugely original idea as Fender had been doing it for some time but I’m sure it was new to Gibson. I remember it being pretty disappointing when we received it (hardly surprising for their first attempt) but it was something different and one of the UK Gibson reps decided to run with it and order a sizeable batch for Europe. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that but I think the comments here are indicative of the success of them when they did all ship over, I for one didn’t order any more anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeylusNeylus Frets: 62
    icu81b4 said:
    @Neylus Do you still have the Allman LP? 
    Unfortunately not! I sold it last year. Was a great LP.

uksaint7 said:
    I think I commissioned the first ever CS Les Paul ‘colour over colour’ when I was buyer for one of the big UK Gibson dealers. Forget exactly but think it was Pelham Blue over sunburst, wasn’t a hugely original idea as Fender had been doing it for some time but I’m sure it was new to Gibson. I remember it being pretty disappointing when we received it (hardly surprising for their first attempt) but it was something different and one of the UK Gibson reps decided to run with it and order a sizeable batch for Europe. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that but I think the comments here are indicative of the success of them when they did all ship over, I for one didn’t order any more anyway.
    That's true. I also noticed at that time that they slashed prices which tells a lot about the popularity and desirability of these models. 

I personally really enjoyed the finish, it's kind of my style and it's unique. Also I'd really like to emphasise on the fact that the guitar was super light for a solid LP, and was so resonant. Obviously the finish looks good to me, but the guitar played even better which triggered me to hunt it down after a few years!

Thanks for all the responses anyway, and I don't mind if some of you find it ugly - means it'll probably be easier for me to find one! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Danh1 said:
    Nice one! I saw this one earlier today too. 

I'm just going all mad because at that time, the price of that white LP went down to 2.5k£ and now people are listing them for more than the original price when it came out (6000+)!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Up
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8109
    I think it looks great! 
    I hope you find it again :)
  • toneclonetoneclone Frets: 12
    Hello, the same guitar but black over sunburst is hanging on the wall at amp guitar in Macclesfield, it was there last week when I visited, regards Pat.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 964
    toneclone said:
    Hello, the same guitar but black over sunburst is hanging on the wall at amp guitar in Macclesfield, it was there last week when I visited, regards Pat.
    https://ampguitars.com/product/gibson-2017-r8-aged-black-over-burst-1-of-50/

This one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10386
    edited May 16
    Not for me but I hope you find it!