SOLD/SORTED items

What's Hot
I have a suggestion for SOLD/SORTED items.

Please don't bring your one month-old post back to the top of the classifieds by declaring so to the world; a simple edit to your existing post will do and the post will melt into the abyss.

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I always add ***SOLD*** to the start of the thread title when mine go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    I always add ***SOLD*** to the start of the thread title when mine go.
    Same. Not only does it avoid hogging premium space unnecessarily, it’s also just good old personal admin and avoids the “is this still for sale please?” replies 5 years after the post was first created.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6817
    Ah but if you add a new post it shows those low balling scum that it was worth what you were asking after all! That will learn them.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This is still a big thing. People bumping old FS threads just to inform everyone that their item has sold!? @Roland any legs in getting this stopped? It clogs up the FS section with unnecessary…not sure of the correct word.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    A thread only gets bumped if anew comment is added. Our advice is to edit the thread title, or edit the post, to put SOLD against the item price. Neither of these bump the thread.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Deadman said:
    This is still a big thing. People bumping old FS threads just to inform everyone that their item has sold!? @Roland any legs in getting this stopped? It clogs up the FS section with unnecessary…not sure of the correct word.
    It’s hilarious. As if a golf clap is in order. Well done, you sold your Big Muff. Hurrah. 

I’ve hidden the Classifieds now so I don’t see them anymore. 
    Roland said:
    A thread only gets bumped if anew comment is added. Our advice is to edit the thread title, or edit the post, to put SOLD against the item price. Neither of these bump the thread.
    Which is great advice and what I'm trying to convey. People don't though, that's my point. A lot of people add a comment, sometimes a month down the line of having no action/comments, just to state SOLD. Isn't it beyond possibility to add it to the classifieds rules? (the editing advice)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4526
    Deadman said:
    Roland said:
    Which is great advice and what I'm trying to convey. People don't though, that's my point. A lot of people add a comment, sometimes a month down the line of having no action/comments, just to state SOLD. Isn't it beyond possibility to add it to the classifieds rules? (the editing advice)
    What makes you think anyone reads them?    ;)  Anyway, it already is:

When appropriate, update the thread to include "SOLD" (or whatever is appropriate) in the title and opening post. DO NOT delete the price or any other content. 

It's annoying, but not nearly so much as lack of prices, no pics, pics as links instead of embedded, deleting stuff, etc.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited August 2023
    Deadman said:
    Roland said:
    What makes you think anyone reads them?      Anyway, it already is:

When appropriate, update the thread to include "SOLD" (or whatever is appropriate) in the title and opening post. DO NOT delete the price or any other content. 

It's annoying, but not nearly so much as lack of prices, no pics, pics as links instead of embedded, deleting stuff, etc.
    I know all that mate, but cheers. My point is it still doesn't say edit the post by not bumping it. Personally i think it's just plain old common sense but a good few don't. There's a guy on there this morning who has sold 2 guitars and actually put BUMP in his closing comments to let everyone know they've sold. How pointless is that!? Let alone clogging up the real existing posts. 

Edit: just realised that I’m not that arsed if the mods aren’t taking issue with this. It’s pointless and I’m not the forum Police.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Deadman said:
    It clogs up the FS section with unnecessary … not sure of the correct word.
    … listings that aren't yours?  :)

D'oh! I just bumped this Discussion back to the top. What an attention hoe I am.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    I don't know, it can be handy to see a FS thread one last time, to see it is done. Saves me trawling back or using the marlevous search function to find something that caught my eye and randomly reappeared in my head. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Gahhh!!!!! @GoldenEraGuitars from a distinguished, highly regarded member of the forum too! :lol: 

Maybe I should rename this thread MEANINGLESS BUMP watch.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28226
    GLWTS
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Roland said:
    This is what i do. 
    edited September 2023
    Roland said:
    This is what i do. 
    Because you obviously haven’t got issues  ;)
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1213
    Nothing wrong with a declare to the universe that such good value / excellent well researched instruments have gone for such insanely stupid prices. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Just posting this to annoy @Deadman ;

@GoldenEraGuitars mission accomplished. It’s a masterclass in soliloquy.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28226
    bump
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom