Robin Lumley

boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
Just seen that Robin, the keyboard player  with Brand X died a couple of days ago. I hadn’t realised he’d been a drummer originally and switched to keys later on, obviously a very talented musician. Brand X were a great band too. RIP. 
https://officialbrandx.com/core-members/robin-lumley

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Saw Brand X a few times in the Marquee in the 70s. Great band. Robin Lumley also played keyboards for Bowie at one point. RIP.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    I, too, missed the announcement.

Brand X made some interesting music but eventually fell foul of the contempt for Phil Collins.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    I, too, missed the announcement.

Brand X made some interesting music but eventually fell foul of the contempt for Phil Collins.
    @Funkfingers ;I don’t know a great deal about Phil and his involvement or the politics within the band, but the first couple of albums certainly proved he was an excellent fusion drummer. Very surprising at the time. When I looked up Robin’s career bio, it was interesting to see the band site had PC listed more as a hired gun, rather than a proper member of the band. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6117
    As a teenager, Brand X were a revelation to me, especially Percy Jones on his fretless bass.
    Moroccan Roll is one of my all time favourite albums.
    Robin Lumley was an incredible musician.
    RIP dude.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"