SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Custom Shop 60' Stratocaster Journeyman Relic (2017) Ancho Poblanos in Sherwood Green

What's Hot
DumodalDumodal Frets: 538
edited April 2023 in Guitars £

Selling my Custom Shop journeyman Relic in 'Sherwood Green' which is devastatingly beautiful to look at. The journeyman relic is tasteful and subtle, this guitar is a mix of vintage specs with a more modern radius, which makes playability incredible.

'65C neck is chunky but not too much I would say a medium C, a more modern 10" radius replaces the vintage profile making for excellent playability and low action. A set of hand-wound ancho poblano pickups (Wound by legendary Fender pickup winder Josefina Campos)  provide scorching single coil tone with high output and power, sacrificing none of the top-end, grease bucket tone circuit which keeps the bass EQ "flat" so as the tone is rolled off, the bass boom isn't added in. Weight 3.4 Kg or 7.49 lbs

This is one of my top 5 ever Stratocasters, love it but something caught my eye and funds are needed.

It's in mint condition, all original and comes with its COA, documents, case candy and custom shop embroidered G&G hard case, the case has a little scuff at the top for being stored with other cases but nothing major.

I am not interested in trades, collection only from Greater London (Kingston upon Thames) at the moment but we can discuss shipping as it needs to be fully insured and it ends up being expensive because of the price of the guitar, if we agree on something I will modify the ad.

I saw one sold a few weeks ago the same guitar but in Sonic blue, putting it lower than that at £2800 bank transfer or PayPal F&F.

Any questions please send me a pm.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DumodalDumodal Frets: 538
    Friday Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28387
    That’s *fantastic*!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That’s *fantastic*!!
    It plays really nice too! It will make someone happy for sure! 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1153
    Yes well this is a problem. My ideal Strat in my ideal finish just when I am thinking of selling my 2013 R8. Oh no.
    LPManic said:
    Yes well this is a problem. My ideal Strat in my ideal finish just when I am thinking of selling my 2013 R8. Oh no.
    Don't think twice it's all right! :) 

Got some people interested on Facebook Marketplace, one was a dealer taking the piss and the other one seems like a nice guy who made a decent offer but let's see how it goes, as I always get the "See you next week" from Facebook Users just for them to never ever reply again. 
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 494
    Yeah man, that is a beautiful Strat. Big part of me wishes that Bonamassa 335 trade went ahead!
    Yeah man, that is a beautiful Strat. Big part of me wishes that Bonamassa 335 trade went ahead!
    Actually this is a different one haha! in the end not getting the Bonamassa made get the CS Olive Drab one so it's all good but really wanted that Bona too!
    edited March 2023
    Bump! Answering some questions I got on eBay and FB maybe is useful here too:
    - The neck is not fully glossy it is not sanded but feels like a smooth gloss.
    - Ancho Poblanos are not super hot pickups, they are not Vintage Spec but it does sound like a real good Strat, the Ancho Poblanos bridge pup is the only Strat bridge that makes me go "Wow" instead of "Meh" more articulate not nasally at all, I have had Handwound Texas Specials and the Poblanos smoke them by miles.
    Up
    Sold