The groove

What's Hot
CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
Just curious if anyone else feels similarly.

When making music, and usually when listening to it too, the groove is all I really care about.  I’m happy to vamp some textured guitar, a beat and a bass line and be done with it.  

I like brief (not prolonged) improv, too.  And I rarely play something the same way twice.  But the groove.

I think most musicians, or just people in general, would find me boring.   

So I sometimes feel out of place as a guitar player.  Seems like we’re supposed to love wailing and solos.  But that’s not what I feel.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    I'm exactly the same. 

If you are in a band the only things people care about is the rhythm section is locked in and has a groove and they can hear the singer and they are in tune.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4181
    Aerosmith have great groove ,well in my opinion 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 405
    Seems like we’re supposed to love wailing and solos.  But that’s not what I feel.
    A lot of the time, I find guitar solos tedious, even those from some of the acclaimed big name players. They are noisy, incongruous, inappropriate, with neither melody nor purpose. Play me a song, please, and if you must solo, do it tastefully and with some restraint. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    RickLucas said:
    They are noisy, incongruous, inappropriate, with neither melody nor purpose.
    ... I could feel a call from somewhere in the cosmos ... turns out it was here. How rude! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom