SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*NOW GONE*: Unique Gretsch Players Edition G6229 Purple Sparkle Jet (modded)

What's Hot
bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
I'm mulling over letting go of my one-of-a-kind MIJ Gretsch Players Edition Sparkle Jet. 
Here's some key specs that make these a modern, reliable (stays in tune!) take on the Gretsch Jets of old:

-    a no-load master tone pot with Squeezebox paper-in-oil capacitor

-    master volume with treble bleed circuit for complete tonal control,

-    full-accessed rolled cutaway and lower set mahogany neck (feels very much like a Les Paul)

-    rosewood fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets

-    aged pearloid Big Block inlays,

-    V-Stoptail tailpiece

-    Gotoh® locking tuning keys,

-    Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut

-    strap locks

-    anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge,

-    chrome hardware

-    a black pickguard with Gretsch logo. 

There's been two changes to this guitar since I bought it a couple of years ago:
1. It started out as Silver Sparkle MIJ Players Edition that had a transparent purple/violet nitro layer added, followed by a clear nitro layers by the ever excellent Richard Rendall and he did a stunning job of it too and, thanks to him, it's now an absolutely beautiful purple/violet sparkle top - it changes shades depending on the light so it's exceptionally hard to photograph! Hence the variety of shades in the pics below.

2. I wasn't a fan of the BT65s (PAF like) pickups, not because they were terrible but more because they sounded almost identical to my PAF loaded Gibson LP Standard. I wanted my Grestch Jet to sound like...well, a Grestch Jet! So I headed off to The Creamery where Jaime sorted me out with a like-for-like (visually, at least) set of his fantastic Creamery Black Cat Filter'trons (see pic belowfor details). And by heck, they deliver all the sparkly, clear and transparent tones that you'd hope from an excellent set of Filter'trons too. They also handle gain beautifully. Cuz who doesn't love cranking a bit of filth now and again?

For the sake of complete transparency:
  1. 4 lines of checking have developed in the surface nitro layer. The direction of the checking is from the pickup area to the top of the body. Let me know if you need pics?
  2. The bridge pickup surround was cracked at some point before I bought the guitar. I'm the first owner, so possibly in transit to me. The crack has been repaired with superglue and is not visible unless you are really up close and looking for it.
  3. Minor swirling from regular play and some minor scuffing on rear plastics. The guitar has been played, loved and very well looked after.
Original hardcase and all case candy included.

Price:  £1550 Fretboard price: £1450 (includes P+P) UK Mainland only. Assumes PayPal F+F or bank transfer but I'm happy to accept PayPal Goods as long as you're up for covering the additional fees incurred.

I'm predominately looking for a cash sale now but who knows, trades are always interesting to hear about. P/X with cash my way is also an option. And I am weak, so...there's that. <sighs>
I'm sorted for Strats and not into pointy guitars but other than that??? 

Pics:

And how it looked originally:

Hit me up with any offers. Suggestions welcomed too!
***Also for sale elsewhere***
My Trading Feedback is listed under this sentence in a link printed in those teeny blue letters.
Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments