SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1964 Hofner Verithin with factory fitted bigsby

What's Hot
As above, anybody interested in this? As far as I am aware this is completely original in the original hard case. Not sure what it's worth but one went on ebay for nearly £500 a year or so ago and there was one for sale for £1500 !!! recently. Any sensible offers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any pics?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any pics?

And an asking price?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • To get interest in something like this you will really need to post some pics, a good description of its condition and a price. :)
  • dhjdhj Frets: 21
    OK, sorry. A picture of this guitar can be found at http://verithingeoff.com/1964 Verithins.htm and scroll down to serial number 3104. The blurb says that it is a Hofner Verythin 1964 with type 510 pickups and a factory fitted bigsby. It still has the original case and, as far as I am aware, it is completely original. In terms of price I would be looking for at least £500 for it.

image    image

image   image
  • SammmSammm Frets: 26
    Any trades?

Sammm said:
    Any trades?
    I am looking for a small bodied electro-acoustic as I don';t play in a band any more so a trade is possible depending on what is available.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1452
    Location?
    Chesterfield in Derbyshire (south of Sheffield for those not in the know).
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited September 2013
    dhj said:
    Chesterfield in Derbyshire (south of Sheffield for those not in the know).
    You have my attention I'm smack between Sheff/Rotherham...... Does it have a case?

• Private Message sent :)

And replied
  • Clean forgot about this, is it still available?

• Mate of mine who was once in a pretty well known band used to play one of these, I loved it, but nobody was interested in them back then.

Still surprises me how they aren't more expensive, especially as they've been reissued.

If I wasn't in a hole I'd jump all over this - and I have a small bodied acoustic to trade. 

:x
    Clean forgot about this, is it still available?
    Yes it is at the moment, so far I have been offered £650 and been told that it should go for between £700-£800. I would be willing to take £700 for it.
  • dhj said:
    Clean forgot about this, is it still available?
    Yes it is at the moment, so far I have been offered £650 and been told that it should go for between £700-£800. I would be willing to take £700 for it.

OK - im out now the price has increased fifty percent, I doubt the playability and electrics would give the moden performance im after for £700, sounds like one for the collectors out there.........

• Found a pic of the one I played many years ago!

I suppose with this one having an original bigsby the higher price is justified, but at that price, probably one for the serious collector. 

Good luck!