reverb advice

What's Hot
JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
hi guys, so on my main pedalboard im using a strymon blue sky on shimmer with full wet signal and full decay time to get a pad like ambient sound, im looking for a pedal that will do that but without the extra frills of the blue sky ie a favourite switch etc and needs to be as cheap as possible, i know im asking the impossible but thought id ask if their was anything out their, thanks guys 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    You could try looking for a second hand neaunaber wet? Great great pedal
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    That's a really good shout, will post on the classified section, thanks
    any cheaper alternatives to a wet?
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Mono WET is going to be your best bet for that. They come up 2nd hand occasionally.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    The EQD ghost echo is also amazing
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73102
    edited October 2014
    Behringer DR600.

Yes I'm serious. Very cheap, and the 'modulate' setting might do what you want.

If you really can't bring yourself to buy one, it's a copy of the Boss RV-5, which is excellent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16422
    Mooer Shimverb is fairly cheap. Don't know if it is any good but it's clearly designed to do the shimmer thing.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The Shimverb is good, but the Shimmer is set to a fifth, and the reverb tail is a little on the short side.
    I can't find the eqd ghost echo in the uk, and the wet is a bit to expensive even second hand, the shim verb is a 5th up which I'm not a fan of, the behringer and boss don't do shimmer which is what I'm look for, but the zoom looks perfect, never come across it before but it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for at a really good price, thanks for all the suggestions guys :)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Hardwire Reverb has a modulated reverb setting. It's on the subtle side, but you have a lot of flexibility to how long you want the decay. 

Just a great reverb pedal all round too. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    The Behringer does do shimmer, it's a copy of the Line 6 Verbzilla. I've got one in fact, and the shimmer is really nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    Beringher RV600
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73102
    Ah, my mistake - there are two! The DR600 is the Boss RV-3 copy, the RV600 is the more complex one (Line 6 copy presumably).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    The Line 6 M5 has some very usable monstrous reverbs on it. The Octo and Particle verbs are pretty amazing, I keep one around just for these. Some retailers have been bashing these out cheap and they turn up on here fairly often for very reasonable money.
  • The normal sounds on the shimverb are OK but the shimmer itself is dreadful. Avoid if that's what you want.
  • My god, this actually sounds really quite good!

• marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited October 2014
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    I'm selling an RV600, as it happens... ;)
    That rv600 sounds good, pm'd you bidley