Paul O'Grady

What's Hot
Paul O'Grady age 67. RIP
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Very sad to wake up to this and seemed like a wonderfully kind and sound individual with very funny bones :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7167
    Shame , liked the bloke and thought he was quite brave in his stage persona in the early days 
  • Shame , liked the bloke and thought he was quite brave in his stage persona in the early days 
    It's sad news. He seemed like a kind man on his documentaries caring for our four legged friends.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    Oh shit that's so sad. Always seemed like a lovely bloke
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Oh no, how sad. A very nice and kind man - the canine world has lost a true champion.
    Call me Dave.
  • Sad to hear of this. Lily was fierce, Paul even more so. Animals and their humans have lost a real friend. Rip.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    was a bit of a shock to wake up to as the main scrolling headline..............echo what the others have said ^^
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    tFB Trader
    So sad and so young - Just came across as a very nice guy and the world needs more of such people
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Lovely person....and so kind to animals
  • randellarandella Frets: 4173
    He always seemed a very decent sort, and a razor-sharp wit to boot. A sad loss at any age, but this came as a shock this morning.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18776
    A gentle, kind, brave man who also had a rapier wit & quite a gob on him. RIP
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26589
    Genuinely tragic, and way too young. By all accounts, he was a totally decent guy in real life, and remarkably (for someone in his position) free of anything remotely resembling controversy.
    <space for hire>
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I heard an interview with him once talking about his days as a care assistant. These were completely relatable experiences to me and every sense that Lily as his catty comic persona hid a genuinely lovely man, his interactions with his own dogs and the rescue ones on TV perhaps highlighting this.   
    Must have been something brief/unexpected as he was due to start presenting a new show. 
    Shocking news. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Ta-ra Lily ! RIP
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sad news indeed.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Very sad, much too young. I never actually watched any of his programmes, and I have to admit I don't like seeing men in drag, however, he was one of those personalities that seemed to crop up a lot over the years all over TV so I feel that I knew him well. Such a lovely guy. A sad loss.
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    R.I.P. Paul. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Always really liked him - seemed a really sound bloke. RIP
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22873
    A pretty remarkable career, to go from a drag act on the gay scene - at a time when both drag and the gay scene were a lot more underground than they are now - to a mainstream star, by sheer talent and force of personality.

I remember when he started appearing on TV regularly and was transitioning from the Lily Savage character to just being Paul O'Grady, I thought this guy really has something about him.  There were misfires like the Blind Date reboot, and I found the dogs programmes a bit schmaltzy, but he became something of a national treasure.

RIP

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    As a dog owner myself I was always really impressed with his support and work with Battersea Dog & Cats Home  . . I'm sure he would have adopted all the dogs and cats himself, given the chance . .  @Kebabkid summed him up perfect  . . " a wonderfully kind and sound individual with very funny bones " . . . Lovely guy, gone way too soon . . . RIP Paul . .  
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  !