SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG (sold)/ Gibson Marauder(sold) / Squier Jazzmaster(sold)

What's Hot
adam_farmeradam_farmer Frets: 34
edited April 2023 in Guitars £

Hi All,

I’ve somewhat reluctantly decided to sell these three guitars. I’ll give each one it’s own post below.

**SOLD** 2004 Gibson SG - £1100

**SOLD** 1975 Gibson Marauder - £800

**SOLD** 2012 Squier Jazzmaster - £250

Collection from GL14 in Gloucestershire or I’m happy to post fully insured. £35 extra for the Gibsons, £25 extra for the Jazzmaster.

Please ask if you have any questions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• adam_farmeradam_farmer Frets: 34
    edited April 2023

**SOLD** Squier Jazzmaster – 2012 Vintage Modified

Was poorly set up when I got it but I’ve got it playing really nicely now and the traditional style bridge hasn’t given me any trouble at all. Nice action all along the neck. Rosewood fretboard.

The pickups sound really good in my opinion. I shielded the body with copper tape and bought an aluminium plate for under the scratch plate. It made a big difference and the guitar is now my quietest single coil guitar.

Has a few little dings on the body and the volume knob moves quite freely.

I only have a thin gig bag for it as shown in the photos. Also included a couple of alternative bridges that were included when I bought it.

Full photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1PjT3tivSUHynetXA

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2023

**SOLD** Gibson SG Standard – 2004

The guitar I’ve owned longest, bought in 2007. I’ve played a handful of new Gibson guitars in recent years, including a custom shop Junior and I really think this guitar is superior to all of them. It’s a quality guitar.

Huw Price did a fret level and set up on it last summer and I’ve not played it much since. It plays beautifully. The photos show some small dings and scratches but it’s in very good shape. There’s a scratched area in the lower horn of the guitar that was there when I got it but isn’t too noticeable.

The case is a bit messy on the outside and the combination lock is broken but it’s otherwise very solid.

Full photo album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/w7EKUgCKk1CBc9HF9

edited April 2023

**SOLD** Gibson Marauder – 1975 - Wine Red

This was is in a bit of a mess when I bought it with gaffer tape residue and some top coat pulled off in places. It got a new (aged) switch tip, knobs and strap pins. I cleaned it up and set it up and it’s now a fabulous guitar to play.

The neck pickup is an early 80s first generation DiMarzio PAF DP103 which is the nicest sounding humbucker I’ve owned. The original bridge pickup is weak in comparison so there’s a volume mismatch switching between the two. It also got Gotoh tuners at some point in its life.

Neck is a beautiful dark piece of rosewood and the maple headstock and neck has aged really nicely.

As you can see in the photos there’s dings and marks and scratches all over it but it’s rock solid and plays great.

It feels a bit silly putting this price on it when Dr Cornelius is currently selling a 1977 in great condition but I don’t want to part with it for any less than £800.

Full photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pP1HYGnFfy7GB6U39

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Those are some lovely guitars for Cinderford. (I grew up on Prospect Road). 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    edited March 2023

Gibson Marauder – 1975 - Wine Red

It feels a bit silly putting this price on it when Dr Cornelius is currently selling a 1977 in great condition but I don’t want to part with it for any less than £800.

Full photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pP1HYGnFfy7GB6U39

Hi Adam , I saw the FS title and quickly scrolled down hoping it would be a maple boarded one to go with my rosewood ones . I’m going to keep my other one now unless I’m offered a swap for a maple one as they really are fabulous guitars. As someone whose previous favourite guitar was old fender Tele customs these give you the sound and mojo for 1/3 of the price 

If I didn’t already have two I’d buy yours - in fact , I don’t suppose you need any amps ;-)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6073
    The Marauder looks like a Gibson I might actually bond with. Which is a massively exciting prospect  :3

Is there anything that might interest you trade wise?
    dazzajl said:
    The Marauder looks like a Gibson I might actually bond with. Which is a massively exciting prospect  :3

Daz come round Cornelius Towers this weekend and try mine - you’ll be very impressed.You can arrange to buy Adams one and we can toast your success at the pub 
  • Those are some lovely guitars for Cinderford. (I grew up on Prospect Road). 
    Hi, I'm just down the hill from Cinderford but it's a lovely place worthy of any guitar!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6073
    dazzajl said:

Daz come round Cornelius Towers this weekend and try mine - you’ll be very impressed.You can arrange to buy Adams one and we can toast your success at the pub 
    I’ll have to start calling you Doc Hannibal Smith. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:

Happy to have helped organise the weekend for you both!

I'm taking a risk with these sales. There's a guitar I'd really really like to buy that could sell at any moment, and I wouldn't be selling these otherwise. I know I could end up in a situation of owning none of them! But it feels worth the risk for me.

The Marauder is the one I'm most troubled about. Partially because it was born the same year as me but because it feels so comfortable and worn in. It's an amazing guitar.

So no trades sorry. I have a goal...
    dazzajl said:

Happy to have helped organise the weekend for you both!

I'm taking a risk with these sales. There's a guitar I'd really really like to buy that could sell at any moment, and I wouldn't be selling these otherwise. I know I could end up in a situation of owning none of them! But it feels worth the risk for me.

The Marauder is the one I'm most troubled about. Partially because it was born the same year as me but because it feels so comfortable and worn in. It's an amazing guitar.

So no trades sorry. I have a goal...
    You are far too sensible Adam - come round mine with Dazz this weekend , we will have a few beers and you will leave mine without the Marauder but with a motley selection of cheap unwanted amps and some magic beans
  • Sounds perfect. I'll be there bright and early!  :#
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    I cannot access evilbay here at work to check but I thought I saw a maple boarded Marauder pop up the other day?
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    Svennn said:
    I cannot access evilbay here at work to check but I thought I saw a maple boarded Marauder pop up the other day?
    Cheers Svenn - at stupid prices unfortunately !
  • Friday evening bump.
  • Hot cross bump.