Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (50th Anniversary) [2023 Remaster]

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2627
in Music tFB Trader
Full album up on the official Pink Floyd channel

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    Just listened to the RW re-imagined version of "Us and Them". Talk about weak sauce. Total arsewank, in fact.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    tFB Trader
    Philtre said:
    Just listened to the RW re-imagined version of "Us and Them". Talk about weak sauce. Total arsewank, in fact.
    Yeah, I really liked his lockdown versions of the stuff from The Final Cut but I think its all gone too his head a bit :)  
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14782
    Rabs said:
    Philtre said:
    Yeah, I really liked his lockdown versions of the stuff from The Final Cut but I think its all gone too his head a bit :)  

Jolly Roger seems to have forgotten (again!) that the entity formerly known as Pink Floyd is greater than the sum of its individual members.

TDSOTM will outlive all of the persons involved in its making.

While it is true that Waters became the chief instigator, composer and lyricist between 1975 and 1985, this did not turn PF into The Roger Waters Quartet. 

I would argue that post-1985 PF was diminished by Waters' absence. The David Gilmour Trio (and supporting cast) made excellent sounding records but lacked bite, snarl or much of anything to say.

In short, Waters and Gilmour will always be better together than apart. I wish that Nick Mason would bang their heads together and get them to see sense.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12413
    Funkfingers said:
    In short, Waters and Gilmour will always be better together than apart. I wish that Nick Mason would bang their heads together and get them to see sense.
    If they got back together now it would just be a bet on the behalf of some promoter they could get through a £200 a ticket tour playing to people waiting to get back to their nice warm beds and cocoa before they killed each other on stage.

Probably get shafted on night one when Waters insists on letting his chum Putin back stage so the ICC can't get him.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1103
    Nice. One of my favourite albums.