SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Black Gretsch G5425 Electromatic Jet Club - £160

What's Hot
pjfpjf Frets: 332
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Black Gretsch G5425 Jet Club, bought new in December 2022 to scratch my George Harrison itch. Very well made and impressive value for money at this price point, unfortunately Gretschs aren't for me and it's just not getting played. 

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/solid-body/g5425-electromatic-jet-club-solid-body/2519010506

Really excellent condition, I hesitate to say "mint" but can't find a mark on it - the plastic is still on the truss rod cover, pickguard has never been used. Any marks you see in the photos are almost certainly dust (or from my grubby mitts).

The set-up from the shop has been fine for me. It still has its original strings. In truth it's been played extremely sparingly over the last 3-4 months, probably 10 hours total.

Pearloid pickguard included, just not photographed. For full disclosure I would say the volume knob does seem slightly wonky on its post, when turned it seems to go further away and then come back tighter to the body again. I've had this on strats before as well - there may be a simple solution but it's never bothered me enough to fix. 

I still have the box it came in and can pack it well enough with the neck removed (buyer pays shipping), but collection / meet-up from or near Esher, Surrey, would be preferred.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 332
    Bump and modest price drop – I’ll do £170 collected, £190 delivered. These are £290 new and this one has barely been played.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Bump
    Post-Easter bump
    Bump - £160 collected, can post for £20.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 958
    Christ on a bike, someone grab this bargain 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    Don’t suppose you’d be home on Monday @pjf  ?

My brother is looking for a first guitar for his daughter and I’ve suggested this one - be working in the area on Monday and can pay cash or I’ll PayPal you over the weekend if that’s easier ?
    I’ll send you a private message @DrCornelius ;
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    pjf said:
    I’ll send you a private message @DrCornelius ;
    Muchas gracias 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    Wow! what a brilliant fIrst guitar!