Devin

trolleytrolley Frets: 89
Saw Devin in Manchester on Friday - brilliant. And very funny.
Support was Fixation - Norwegian band, reminded me of Linkin Park in places. But the drummer opened up with the start of Painkiller!
And Klone - French band - I thought a bit Gojira in places. Very good - and a Bjork cover!
Week before was Haken & BTBAM, and Plini on Wednesday - I'm too old for this.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    I really like Klone. I've got their last two albums. 

The lead vocalist sounds a heck of a lot like Mike Tramp, which is no bad thing. 

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    edited April 2023
    Seeing Devy in Wolverhampton tonight, and I'm listening to Klone and Fixation today - both tick a lot of boxes but not enough to grab me. I'm miffed that Haken and Plini both skipped the midlands/regretting moving from Manchester!

Surprised at how little of the new album is in Devy's set, it's a true spread. Excited to hear Love? live again, having got into SYL just as they disbanded and I saw Devy most during the patch where he was terrified of touching SYL stuff; glad he's embracing it as part of his history again.
    Tim
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    Yep, saw him on Saturday in Nottingham. I thought it was a great set, and the band was on form as always, but the sound wasn't great. Seemed like the sound guy was either a drummer or a bassist...
    <space for hire>
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    Well, that was indeed a belter, Devin and co brilliant as ever - Mike Keneally is like a happier, shreddier Dave Gilmour to look at.

Biggest surprise: Klone completely won me over live! Amazing vocalist and a very enthusiastic guitarist getting huge sounds out of a relatively budget rig - couldn't see what was on the floor but he had one of those Squier P90 Baritone Teles into a PRS MT-15 and a Harley Benton 1x12.
    Tim