SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1974 Fender Telecaster Custom - £2300

What's Hot
DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 143
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
1974 Fender Telecaster Custom - £2300 (SOLD)

Here is a fantastic player grade 1974 Telecaster Custom, complete with a custom made Swanflight flight case.

The guitar has loads of wear and character, as shown in the photos. More photos are available here. It weighs 7.6lb on my bathroom scales.

The body, neck, pickups and tuning pegs are original. The scratch plate, knobs, pots, bridge, switch and electronics are more modern replacements. The bridge was upgraded to an M3 Mastery Bridge (which cost £190). As you can see from the photos, some nutter added a battery compartment for an active pick up in the 80’s. This was removed before I purchased the guitar. it has never bothered me.

It's obviously not a museum piece so this is a guitar that deserves to be played live often and is ready to tour.

I had a full re-fret with stainless steel frets and bone nut done by Jack’s Instrument Services in Manchester in 2021. It has also had a set up & service by KGB Guitars in Liverpool this year. It plays wonderfully and sounds truly excellent.

Collection from Ormskirk or Liverpool, or I can meet you in the middle if you live 2-3 hours away. Happy to discuss a courier if need be.

Ask me any questions and feel free to let me know if you think the price is optimistic or unreasonable.

I'm not really looking for any trades and would prefer a straight sale, but you are welcome to make a part-exchange offer.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments