SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded …Beardsell masterbuilt offset

Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited May 2023 in Guitars £

Beardsell Equus Arancia.

Masterbuilt by excellent Canadian luthier, Al Beardsell.

Made in 2019.  Al emailed me to say the body (which is heavily chambered - it weighs in at a shade over 6 1/2 lbs) is wild cashew wood, which is native to Panama, and he says it was likely cut during the construction of the Panama Canal since it was dredged up from the canal during one its more recent expansions about 10 years ago.  The top is birdseye sugar-maple that was harvested from Ontario around 30 years ago.  The Neck is Honduran Mahogany.  Madagascar rosewood fingerboard (but maybe Pau Ferro), with wood inlay fret markers.

• 24.9" scale
  • Nickel frets
  • Bigsby B-5 Vibrato taipiece
  • Gotoh 510 tuners
  • Beautiful tortoiseshell pickguard and matching pick-up surrounds (they look black in the pics but they’re tortoiseshell - about 3mm thick)
  • Canadian tweed hard case with brown plush interior.  Three catches.
  • Three pickups - handmade by Al Beardsell: they are a high-wound mini humbuckers on a 3-way switch (bridge and neck), the middle is a low-wound low field mini that is brought in in series with the other two by lifting the tone pot. 

There are one or two natural dings, but nothing serious

https://i.imgur.com/wnk0mOW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/934gtg7.jpg

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13315
    Oooooooooooooooooooof.  That is a bit special.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    Blimey Gary you do have some lovely stuff
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    edited April 2023
    Yes, I do ! I’m keeping a Tylerbastar (grey schmear), a Jennings cabronita (bought, along with the Beardsell, from Castro) and a lovely 1998 Fender telecaster. 

I took both the Jennings and the Beardsell from Castro because I couldn’t choose between them.  I’ve decided to keep the Jennings, even though the Beardsell has the most amazing refinements. 

I’d keep the Beardsell but I need an acoustic, and I’m trying to stick to one in one out (which always fails when I visit Castro, who really does have an amazing collection - that Tao…). 
    Up!
    Up
    Beautiful guitar. Just need an acoustic.  Swap or cash. Either way.
    Price drop and bump up
    Bump
    I’m trading this at the end of the week, to a store, so thought I’d try another bump before that eventuality.