SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: MIJ Epiphone SG '61 – Cherry Red – 2000 – Made in Japan – £595

beed84beed84 Frets: 2485
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Bought off the forum earlier last year, up for grabs is my MIJ Epiphone SG '61.

It's a 2000 model in Cherry Red and features the desirable open book headstock shape. It also includes the original hardcase, which itself is very good quality.

Although there are a few dings and chips on the neck and around the body (see photos) it is structurally sound and plays wonderfully. The neck is very comfortable and there is plenty of life in the frets, too. One thing worth mentioning is the pickup selector cap broke during transit to me; however, I successfully glued it back together and fitted without any issues. 

While I don't play much electric these days, this was intended to be the one guitar I would never sell due to sentimental reasons. Alas, some bills need paying, so they take priority and regrettably on the block it goes. No trades I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I don't have a box to ship it in, but I'm happy to hop on a train and travel a reasonable distance if it helps. If anyone can collect, however, I'll throw in a Peavey Rage 158 practice amp for free 

Overall, this is a quality made guitar and unusual to come by. It's not much more than today's budget models while being easily comparable to a USA equivalent.

£625 now £595 collected from Hull area

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Oh bugger me that's nice... I bought a 00 MIJ Epi LP from Cirrus earlier in the year & it's a belting guitar. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling.

Phwoar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2485
    Tenebrous said:
    Oh bugger me that's nice... I bought a 00 MIJ Epi LP from Cirrus earlier in the year & it's a belting guitar. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling. It absolutely doesn't need a sibling.

Phwoar.
    Lol! Great minds think alike as I thought the same thing about the LP you got from Cirrus – I just couldn’t manage to raise the money! It really is an amazing guitar and I honestly wouldn’t sell it if I didn’t have to. Though I’d have some peace of mind knowing it was with its sibling  ;)
    I mean in that case, since you clearly don't want it, you should give it to me to look after ;) It'd be harsh to keep them apart, so do the right thing!

Really though, I'm in the position you were when you were eying up the LP. I'd love to give this a go, but would have to move some stuff on before even entertaining the idea, so unless you're after a 12-string, watch, or a laptop, I'm going to have to pass (for now) B)

But truly, if the SG plays anthing like the LP, this is absolutely going to be brilliant for someone on here. I don't really see these turn of the century Epi's talked about much but they really do seem to be great guitars (based on my experience of trying one of them)!
    Thanks @Tenebrous sadly I’m not in need of any of the things you have to trade, but if and when your finances allow, and you’re still interested, let me know. It really is a fine and easy-to-play guitar for someone.
    A price drop bump before I list on eBay.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    As the previous owner of this MIJ Epi I can attest that it is a very fine guitar, had it been made a year or so earlier it would have had "Orville by Gibson" on the headstock.

On top of that  mr @beed84 was a pleasure to deal with.

GLWTS
    How heavy is it out of curiosity :astonished: 
    edited April 2023
    prudd said:
    As the previous owner of this MIJ Epi I can attest that it is a very fine guitar, had it been made a year or so earlier it would have had "Orville by Gibson" on the headstock.

On top of that  mr @beed84 was a pleasure to deal with.

GLWTS
    Thanks @prudd I appreciate that. As for the headstock name, it's amazing what a difference a year can make in terms of appeal. On a practical note, however, there's less chance of the uneducated thief wanting to nick an Epiphone. Yet little do they know this one's an absolute gem.

Tenebrous said:
    How heavy is it out of curiosity astonished 

It weighs 3.3kg, which happens to be the perfect weight for a guitar. Though in all seriousness, it's really easy to pick up and sit with. FWIW I've just been playing it now and I know definitely regret selling it down the line. 
    Bump. Going to try to keep it on here for a bit longer.
    beed84 said:
    Withdrawn. Reminding myself why I got it to begin with, I'm going to try and keep it forever. Besides, it's just too good.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    Withdrawn. Reminding myself why I got it to begin with, I'm going to try and keep it forever. Besides, it's just too good.
    You have made the right choice there Mr B