SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD*** FT: DuoJet G6228-BT Players Edition in Cadillac Green

What's Hot
ScottMapleScottMaple Frets: 5
edited June 2023 in Guitars £
This guitar totally turned me onto Gretches, but I find the Broad'tron pickups in the G6228 to be just a bit too 'PAF' sounding for my tastes.  Different strokes for different folks.

I love the guitar though, and it occured to me that there may be someone out there who has the Filter'tron or DynaSonic version (G6128) but want to go more into PAF territory so I thought I'd put the feelers out for potential swap-mates?

The guitar is in excellent condition and with the original case and case candy.  I can provide way more photos, I can do video and audio, but is anyone out there interested in such a swap?  I live in Glasgow but can travel (within reason).

https://i.imgur.com/orbT9xp.jpg

PS - always open to suggestions if anyone can see an alternative solution
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
    This guitar totally turned me onto Gretches, but I find the Broad'tron pickups in the G6228 to be just a bit too 'PAF' sounding for my tastes.  Different strokes for different folks.

I love the guitar though, and it occured to me that there may be someone out there who has the Filter'tron or DynaSonic version (G6128) but want to go more into PAF territory so I thought I'd put the feelers out for potential swap-mates?

The guitar is in excellent condition and with the original case and case candy.  I can provide way more photos, I can do video and audio, but is anyone out there interested in such a swap?  I live in Glasgow but can travel (within reason).

https://i.imgur.com/orbT9xp.jpg

PS - always open to suggestions if anyone can see an alternative solution
    Always fab to meet a fellow Scott on these pages. If you check out my ad/post https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/245004/eastman-maybach-gib-lp-ft-unique-gretsch-players-edition-g6229-purple-sparkle-jet-modded#latest there's info there about the Creamery Black Cat Filtertron set I installed in my G6229 to replace the BT-65 set - I had similar "too PAFfy" feelings about them as you. Anyhoo, the Black Cat's are terrific and fully deliver the Filtertron experience it sounds like you might be seeking. Regardless, have fun tone chasing and I hope it leads your somewhere GLORIOUS.

:)
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks bad_alice, I like what you've done with your DuoJet, looks amazing and I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

I had a pretty negative experience with the Creamery last year so wouldn't want to go there again.  I bought a Super Black Cat along with the Sweet 14 (see my other listing for my PRS Vela) and I sold the Super Black Cat on Super-Quickly.

I did look at getting Gretsch Filter'trons but they don't have the 'lugs' that would allow me to affix them to the pickup mounting rings on the G6228.

TV Jones with universal mount may be an option but expensive

I'm very interested in DynaSonics but not sure they would fit so well in the Broad'Tron / Filter'Tron space -  I think that's what led me to the concept of 'instead of swapping pickups why not swap the whole guitar?' 
  • bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
    edited April 2023
    Thanks bad_alice, I like what you've done with your DuoJet, looks amazing and I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

I had a pretty negative experience with the Creamery last year so wouldn't want to go there again.  I bought a Super Black Cat along with the Sweet 14 (see my other listing for my PRS Vela) and I sold the Super Black Cat on Super-Quickly.

I did look at getting Gretsch Filter'trons but they don't have the 'lugs' that would allow me to affix them to the pickup mounting rings on the G6228.

TV Jones with universal mount may be an option but expensive

I'm very interested in DynaSonics but not sure they would fit so well in the Broad'Tron / Filter'Tron space -  I think that's what led me to the concept of 'instead of swapping pickups why not swap the whole guitar?' 
    I'm really sorry you had an unhappy experience with The Creamery. It always feels extra disappointing when that happens and especially so when that's with a small UK company as part of buying from them in the first place (IMO) is not only receiving top notch pickups but also the seeking to support the little guy in a "pickup world" than can feel dominated by a few large US based brands.

One thing I did want to mention that might be helpful to you, is that Jaime #Creamery was able to modify the lugs on my Black Cat set, to perfectly fit the Gretsch Broadtron mounts. They sit perfectly as a result. Which does make me wonder if other pickup companies might be able to offer a similar mod to fit your Jet?

Regardless, wishing you a hugely happy outcome whatever you do.
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks.
    yeah I believe in supporting small companies if you can, and I’ve not ‘shared’ anything about the experience other than the comment above. 

In fact I will say the Sweet 14 is an excellent pickup so it’s not all negative.
  • Took a bit of saving but I got myself some TV Jones Filtertrons.  Yay!