SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: Gretsch G5128 Gold Sparkle (further PRICE DROP £475!))

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4068
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is this rather subtle and understated(!) Gretsch hollow body. It's in great nick, well set up and has a couple of little tweaks: a roller bridge has been installed to improve tuning stability with Bigsby usage, and a cool looking truss rod cover was added by the previous owner. It's a Korean built model with the highly respected DeArmond 2k pick-ups. Comes with Gretsch hard case.

I do love the guitar, it's possibly my favourite sounding guitar that i own. Unfortunately I'm having to admit defeat in the fact that I just can't get used to the dimensions and the fact the upper bout joins at the 14th fret. It's been my first attempt at owning a 'proper' fullsize Gretsch, and try as I might I just can't help feeling I'm fighting with it half the time.

Price is £550 Ono. Collection/meet up in the Tyne & Wear/North East area much preferred. Can look into postage if necessary.

Reduced to £475ono Coronation weekend only special price!!!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6073
    I’ve had two of these over the years, because like you I just love them and for just the same reasons have let then go. They feel much more like the Japanese G builds than most electromaitcs and of the 3 spec versions of the 5123/4/5/6/7/8/9 this is the most desirable. And in my opinion best and best looking. 

GLWYS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8069
    That’s lovely!!!!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Sorry, this isn't about the Gretsch, but what colour is that strat?
  • No worries. It's Aged Sage Green Metallic (in a journeyman relic finish, in this case). Lovely colour!
  • Friday bump
  • Seen-something-I-like-price-drop bump!
  • Bumpthing for the weekend, sir?

Happy to source a box and post in the UK too.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1488
    I am tempted BUT when you mean you are fighting with it , do you mean as a result of the body depth? I had an Epiphone Joe Pass which fought with me as well. Or is this a thinner body Gretsch ?
  • I don't really know the difference in depth to an Epi Joe Pass (if there is one). I think it's just the 'normal' shape and dimensions of a Gretsch hollowbody. However, the depth isn't the issue for me, I'm totally fine with that. For me it's having the upper bout join the neck at the 14th fret, like nearly all full-sized Gretsches and big bodied jazzbox type guitars.

I just find it limits access to the upper frets too much, and find I much prefer double-cuts or Strat-style bodies. If you've played/owned other full-sized Gretsches in your time this ought to feel exactly the same. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28384
    Oooh that's hot! :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2081
    Looks a beast of a guitar,in the nicest possible way. I will end up getting a 'jazzbox' style one day though. Sparkle is not to my own taste but many players do enjoy that style. GLWTS.
    Looks a fair price too.
  • Any takers? Mulling over a couple of different part ex and cash offers from stores, but would obviously get mildly shafted so would rather sell here!
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 43
    Get it on Gretsch Talk. 
  • cowmoo said:
    Get it on Gretsch Talk. 
    Don't know why I didn't think of that before! Thanks for the reminder, now up on there too.  :)
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    cowmoo said:
    Get it on Gretsch Talk. 
    Don't know why I didn't think of that before! Thanks for the reminder, now up on there too.  :)
    It’s mainly overseas members 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6073
    cowmoo said:
    Get it on Gretsch Talk. 
    True…. But to be fair you’re there and you buy more Gretsches than all of them ;)
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    dazzajl said:
    cowmoo said:
    Get it on Gretsch Talk. 
    True…. But to be fair you’re there and you buy more Gretsches than all of them ;)
    Ha ha ha do I have a reputation or something? 
  • Coronation Weekend Gold Sparkle Special - reduced to £475. Ideal purchase for anyone wanting to out-bling the King! 
  • Now winging it's way to pastures new, with something else coming my way in return.