SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS:Hi FI separates Marantz and Rotel amps, NAD and Technics cd players

got some spare separates no longer needed, all in used but well looked after condition and fully working.

NAD C520 CD player with remote, excellent player from a great brand,  £60 delivered

Technics SL PG520A CD player with remote, Technics a hit a miss brand but this top of the range was a big hit, 4DAC technology and built in headphone amp, £45 delivered

Rotel RA930ax, from Rotels top of the shot 9 series this is a great amp, quite heavy due to its quality power supply, can run 2 sets of speakers or one set be biwired, has a phono stage £50 delivered

Marantz PM57, great amp from Marantz, power cable has been shortened at some point but still okay, this is probably the scuffiest of all units but still in superb order, 2 sets of switchable speaker posts for biwiring or running 2 sets of speakers, has a phono stage.. £50 delivered

advertised elsewhere, BT for payment please, if you want an AMP and CD and want to collect from Leicester I can sort you out a nice set of Gale speakers for free

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• don't be shy to let me know if my prices are out, at the end of the day they are only going to go in the cubby so would prefer to get rid.
  • Rotel SOLD off forum

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28088
    I was tempted by the Rotel/NAD combo, but can't work out when I'd get across to Leicester!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    I was tempted by the Rotel/NAD combo, but can't work out when I'd get across to Leicester!
    that's a shame, could've set you up with a nice set of bookshelf speakers.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28088
    I keep thinking perhaps I should get back into CD-standard "hi-fi" (at the lower-end of the spectrum) rather than convenience-based mp3s.  Way back when, I had a little brother version of that Rotel, which is why it caught my eye.  But it's gone now, so I'm waffling aloud unnecessarily!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    I keep thinking perhaps I should get back into CD-standard "hi-fi" (at the lower-end of the spectrum) rather than convenience-based mp3s.  Way back when, I had a little brother version of that Rotel, which is why it caught my eye.  But it's gone now, so I'm waffling aloud unnecessarily!
    for the money you can pick up a decent set up with now it is worth a go if you have the time to sit and listen to an album, I went back that way a year or so ago and its exactly what I needed, have spent the past year rebuilding my CD collection, over 450 albums I have purchased but many of those have been £1 or 3 for £5 so its all good.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

I bought an Arcam Delta 290 a few years ago because I always wanted one in the 90's and I considered it to be the last and best of it's kind.  Not amazingly cheap second hand, even these days and still command around 150 quid or more.  But worth it, even with the dodgy selector switches.  I don't think I'd go as far as Meridian or something though, unless it was dirt cheap or through a friend.

Funny I have the exact same Technics CD player and Marantz PM57 which were very well rated back in the day for the money.  Also have another Marantz PM62 or 63SE.  Both those amps died because of the humidity I think, as at that time my place was unheated and they died a few weeks after bringing them in.  They were great amps, extremely detailed, slightly bright but not overly, but outstanding for the money.  They are still sat here in boxes, twenty years later, I'm still waiting to repair them one day.  I won't sell them or give them away.

For the money the Technics and Marantz is a bargain.

I still use the Technics CD player and it rarely skips, only sometimes when it gets hot, at the end of the tracks.  At the time when I bought it I always wanted to upgrade it, but in retrospect it sounds great and has outlasted all the NAD, Arcam and more expensive CD players, many of which became skipping junk within a short time.

That said, I might be interested in the NAD CD player, if it doesn't skip.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Sambostar said:

That said, I might be interested in the NAD CD player, if it doesn't skip.

no skipping on any of the players
  • go on throw in some offers don't be shy
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3368
    edited October 2014

BUMP with pics of speakers available, not wanting to post so collection from Leicester or at a push you sort out the courier..

absolutely superb Tannoy 603s, sound as good today as they did in the 90s, very well looked after