Fuqqme! I'm past it.

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
Watching Download Festival Reloaded on SKY Arts and the first up is Iron Maiden (The Trooper). I never liked them back in the day ... now they're crusties crooning and clawing :anguished: 
Next up Metallica  ... utter shite ... Hammet's useless and Hetfield is timeless. I never was a Metallica fan anyway but I kinda understood their popularity ... not now.

So, the common denominator is me ... I'm ageing and more twisted, less patient and just can't be arsed with pretense or pish-wittery. 

I might just be languishing in the bitterness of 'bye bye Nigel Lawson' but I played really cleanly, melodically and fiery for 80 mins this eve so I'm thinking I'm past it wrt to old boys who are a beat slower and a step lower.

Anyone else feel the same?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There are 3 elements to your post, watching ,listening and playing. Those three very rarely go together so don’t worry about it. 

Music is mainly there to be played and listened to so as long as they still do it for you, watching it and not enjoying it especially on tv , is totally acceptable.

There is nothing worse than physically watching someone murder a standard, and nothing better than watching someone take a standard to a new level. If your the person who does that even better.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Reading this post, it might just be you. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    Looked at another way, you watched two bands you've never liked performing live where a big part of the enjoyment is being there, and you didn't like it.

I think the problem might not be what you think it is :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    Good point ... well made :+1: 

I'm usually very pragmatic and balanced in my views but when riled (by something) and quaffing malts late at night, perhaps less so :anguished: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    Watching music for 14 year olds played by 70 year olds is always going to leave a slight credibility gap, so maybe it's not just you. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    p90fool said:
    Watching music for 14 year olds played by 70 year olds is always going to leave a slight credibility gap, so maybe it's not just you. 

A perfectly reasonable critique of the cover band circuit ;)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    Snags said:
    p90fool said:

Oh definitely, guilty as charged!
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    If you're tired of Iron Maiden you're tired of life.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4183
    I used to be a big maiden fan  but I got a bit fed up of Brexit Bruce 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    I used to be a big maiden fan  but I got a bit fed up of Brexit Bruce 
    Speaking to Classic Rock, Dickinson has now defended his position on Brexit by saying that “it’s slightly disturbing that people cannot contemplate that other people have other views contrary to themselves”.
  • I used to be a big maiden fan  but I got a bit fed up of Brexit Bruce 
    Wonder if this goes some way to explaining the proliferation of Union Flags in their artwork over the years. ;)
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    Snags said:
    p90fool said:

Steady. I'm only 57!