Rare Footage of Freddie!

BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
Some of you might have seen this before, but it's quite a gem, I've only recently seen it.

I'm a little puzzled at the year though (1964). I know his History reads that he came to these shores in 1964, but there's one guy (I assume it's a guy) with the Stripey Blazer, whose hair just looks a little too long for that period in the 60's. I wasn't born then but I associate hair that length in this country more from 1967 onwards and imagine 1964 to be more of a "Mop Top Beatle Cut" period.

Some more mature forumites might be able to recall from real memories, it just caught my eye that's all.

Enjoy!
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10569

Beatles had long hair dude before going for the french cut in 61 ish, so there was long hair before the hippie period

Interesting vid
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I heard that they played the 3 'key' songs off the QUEEN Forever album on BBC radio. I'm in the wrong country! I can't find them on YouTube though. Any ideas? Would be kinda interested to see if that 'album' is going to be worth the $ or not... I like QUEEN a lot, but I wasn't into Made in Heaven. Something missing. Will this be just another Made in Heaven? Possibly... 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • I heard that they played the 3 'key' songs off the QUEEN Forever album on BBC radio. I'm in the wrong country! I can't find them on YouTube though. Any ideas? Would be kinda interested to see if that 'album' is going to be worth the $ or not... I like QUEEN a lot, but I wasn't into Made in Heaven. Something missing. Will this be just another Made in Heaven? Possibly... 
    @Octahedron

I heard the tracks the other week on R2 and I liked 2 of the 3 of them.

Unreleased songs.

1. Love Kills ( a remix of one of Freddie's Solo Songs), this is my fave, fantastic song.

2. There Must Be More To Life Than This ft. Michael Jackson, this is quite a good one too.

3. Let Me in Your Heart Again, I thought this one was a bit Meh, sounded too contrived.

I expect some guitar parts have been recently added and while Brian May is one of my original inspirations, I found some of the added Guitar fills a little overkill, too many, too often, almost like he was parodying himself. This is not the case on all the "new" tracks, just certain parts, but overall, it's great to hear unreleased stuff from them.

The rest of the album is just a compilation of stuff from the past albums. Check the Wiki page for it.

Like yourself, I wasn't overly keen on Made in Heaven, it was OK, had some decent stuff on there. The stand out "new" track though is, IMO "Love Kills".

It was on Listen Again on BBC iplayer, but it's off now unfortunately, it was Sept 19th on Chris Evans. I'm sure you'll hear more of it soon and will probably be released soon who knows.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.