SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB:Pickup Winder

What's Hot
Dave8Dave8 Frets: 274
Afternoon - I'm on the lookout for a pickup winder - anyone have anything knocking around gathering dust?

I was looking at the CNC Mini Coil Winder by CNC Design - however they do not currently have any available.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19543
    Saw this & thought of you. Possibly not as sophisticated as the CNC ;)    https://www.instructables.com/Manual-Guitar-Pickup-Winder/
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 438
    Winding Technology in Honley have lots of fancy toys. I know where there’s some old mechanical ones going depending what you want. 
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 274
    Winding Technology in Honley have lots of fancy toys. I know where there’s some old mechanical ones going depending what you want. 
    Cheers Hayden - Honley is just down the road, they do look to be a bit more industrial than I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something preferably mortised which can produce consistent results... what sort of thing do you know is available? 

Ta,
    Dave
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 274
    Saw this & thought of you. Possibly not as sophisticated as the CNC ;)    https://www.instructables.com/Manual-Guitar-Pickup-Winder/
    Looks quite the project! along the blue peter side of things  =)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17008
    edited April 2023
    I'm going to build my own this year.

I spent last night designing a box to host all the required parts

It should cost me less than £70 all in, and hopefully be comparable to the Schatten winder

there was one for sale on here recently

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/233666/

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 438
    Dave8 said:
    Cheers Hayden - Honley is just down the road, they do look to be a bit more industrial than I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something preferably mortised which can produce consistent results... what sort of thing do you know is available? 

Ta,
    Dave
    Hi Dave

I'm assuming you're not hand guiding? I use a converted lathe same as I used when I was at BKP.  I know Jeff at Matamp has some old school winders, Cream T bought one. They're too bug for my workshop & everything I do is hand guided. 

Drop me a line if you need any pointers, I'm only in Brockholes. 

cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    edited April 2023
    I’ve got one of those CNCuk winders. Got a load of magnets too, via Hayden, was going to start making pickups back when I was trading. PM me to work out a price.  :)