Burt Bacharach on BBC tonight.

What's Hot
Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1998
Just listening to the jazz stuff and BB stuff on BBC. It was more my Mum and Dad's stuff but over the years and the more I learn about music I really appreciate this stuff now. Everytime I listen to this stuff it makes me realise how generic and stale music has become since the turn of the millenium. I listened to an evening of Dusty Springfield a couple of weeks ago: another one of my Mum's favourites and felt the same. Am I creeping into old age and turning into my parents or was music just better then? Walk on by now but I loved the Stranglers version. Maybe they got to where I am now. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    In your getting-older age, you have gained the knowledge and understanding to appreciate the skill that went into making those songs
     ;)

A lot of that stuff has properly stood the test of time.  I doubt whether much of today's will still be listened to in 50/60 years.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1998
    TTony said:
    In your getting-older age, you have gained the knowledge and understanding to appreciate the skill that went into making those songs
     ;)

A lot of that stuff has properly stood the test of time.  I doubt whether much of today's will still be listened to in 50/60 years.
    I think you're hit the nail on the head Tony mate. That guy wrote some memorable and lasting stuff. He really did understand song construction. That's why so many people have needed to cover his stuff. 

https://youtu.be/ub4rKDkL53s

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom